BootsnAll Travel Network



Back to Canada, Kluane Again

The day we left Alaska and headed back into Canada we had a strange occurance. We were headed for one of the campgrounds in Kluane National Park but our navigation and driving did not match up and we ended up passing it by. When we stopped to regroup and figure out if we should go back or go on to a different campground for some reason I got out and walked around to the back of the RV. I guess it was divine help because our hitch was all messed up and the Jeep was about to fly off! The extra safetly cables we have wouldn’t have helped, either, because the entire hitch apparatus was coming off the RV and would have been flying down the road with the Jeep. Somewhere along the way we had lost a bolt and the metal of the hitch was actually tearing. Luckily, we found a welding shop in Haines Junction (a town of a few hundred people) and the guy fixed it that day for $220 CAD but it looked like he did a good job. While we waited, we got to go hiking again in Kluane National Park, so we still had a good day.

CA-kluanelake.jpg
The view from ‘King’s Throne’, a cirque on the mountain.

CA-kluaneme.jpg
Me in the cirque.

CA-kluanesheepmtn.jpg
More mountains…



Tags:

Comments are closed.