BootsnAll Travel Network



113: Online Chores and more..

It is a chore these days to check emails, update blogs and generally to go near computers the more days go by the more I hate the thought of spending time in front of them. Not because I don’t want to send emails or write the blogs…
… it simply takes such an incredible long time to do these things (or at least it feels like it) let alone from the time I spend searching for suitable internet access points that I dread the times when I actually have to do it.

Stil I do regret not being able to write more emails and blog properly. There are so many thoughts I want to add to my blog but ironically despite the fact that I am not working but just “travelling” I don’t find enough time to do this.

I am so glad I do not carry a laptop with me, seriously, but I do realise that having immediate access to a computer whenever I feel like writing down some thoughts would be SO nice 😉 Sometimes I wish I could send little SMS to my blog space to capture the odd thought when it occurs. Wouldn’t it be great if I could have a more real-time travel blog? Well, wishful thinking… 😉

Instead my blog space is seeing less and less activity because it is so incredible difficult to find internet cafes here in Japan and the few that I found charge way too much to justify spending a few hours online to catch up with emails, blogs, financial matters and not to forgot upload some travel pictures, the latter of which I have not done since I left Thailand.. rather upset about this.

I still struggle to understand this, Japan is such a Gadget Heaven and everybody is completely NUTS (let me repeat that: NUTS!) about electronics and computers yet internet cafes are very rare in Tokyo it seems and places such as Nikko, Chujenzi or Yumoto where I have been a few days ago dont even have any. (OK Nikko had a place for internet access in the Tourist Information Center but the computer was not working)

So days go by without blogs and I could now probably spend a few days writing down my travel thoughts if I wanted to catch up with everything that happened over the last week or so.. But then.. I can’t stand wasting time on the computer these days when I could be out exploring Japan.. you see the dilemma;-) Secretly I actually hope for the most horrible weather outside so I have an excuse and/or incentive to stay indoors and write my blogs..

The way it works just now is that the fabulous Onsen Ryoken where I am staying has not only an excellent Spa but also some computers for internet access so this is a real bonus (I love this place;-) The disadvantiage of this is that I feel compelled to make use of the computer and probably end up staying up until after midnight when really what I want to do is read my travel guide and plan my next few days of travelling and then have an early night so I can get up early the next morning to make best use of the daylight.

Ah yes – daylight -just as in SE Asia it gets dark here around 18:30… way way too early so its even more important I can get up at the crack of dawn 🙂 OK I admit it has not happened since I left Thailand.. Partly because the rooms I stayed in mostly did not get much daylight (or none like in the capsules of the Ryokans) or I did not get to bed early enough for this to work..

Bla Bla Bla bla Bla bla Bla… my god I have not been blogging for such a long time there is so much boring stuff that I want to blurb out this could be a VERY long blog indeed;-) Remember these blogs are mainly intended for my usage later on so I can remember what I did… Anyway I shall cut this one short for the benefit of another boring blog on a different subject.. so many thoughts, so little time;-)



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *