BootsnAll Travel Network



96: PADI OW Certified

02/03/06

A few days of classroom learning, pool sessions, open water (sea) diving, buoyancy control, mask clearing, and out-of-air emergency ascents etc plus a sh*t load of PADI manuals reading I now know my dive gear in and out, know about nitrogen narcosis and decompression sickness and learned how to use dive tables and how to plan my dives to be sure to avoid them in the first place 🙂 Of course there’s a lot more to it but bottom line is I passed my theory test (98%, got one silly question wrong *bother*;-) and finished all my dive training so now I am – would you believe it – a PADI Certified Open Water Diver!

What it really means though is that I can now go on fun dives to some interesting dive sites and enjoy the underwater views and watch beautifully coloured fish, corals and other marine life..

Exciting!



Tags: , ,

2 responses to “96: PADI OW Certified”

  1. Anonymous says:

    Technically you’re not really certified until you’ve completed your two open water dives with satifactory results and completed all the safety drills so don’t get cocky yet! But hey – you’re almost there ;-))

  2. admin says:

    Thanks for the comment.
    I guess I was not specific enough… I had 4 open water dives at the time of writing this and actually finished the entire course and received my certificate…

  3. rose says:

    er.. forgot to say who it’s from. That was me. hee

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *