BootsnAll Travel Network



95: Koh Tao

Made it to Koh Tao 🙂

The sleeper train was much better this time. Had a aircon lower bunk since the fan beds were all sold out but it was ok (not freezing as expected). The train left at 19:15 and arrived around 5:30am after 1.5h delay but that was good timing because the bus to the pier for the ferry left at 6am so I didnt have to wait long plus could make use of the bed in the train longer 🙂

The Ferry was a Catamaran and it took about 2h to get to Koh Tao.
Watch a movie on board but didn’t feel all that great towards the end of the trip. Not sure if to blame the sea or the malaria pill that I took without breakfast. Usually its a bad idea to take Doxy on an empty stomach and the few times I did it didnt go down too well…
Either way I might choose a reglar ferry on the way back if only for the nicer boat…

I didnt look around much for accomodatio but chose based on padi course ofers. I stay at Coral Grand Resort, actually one of the nicest resorts on the biggest beach on Koh Tao.
I booked the PADI Open Water course with them for short of 10k Baht (about 150 pounds) and get discount on accomodation, 300 Baht (less than 5 pounds) for fan room (aircon would have been 500 baht but they were fully booked) which is a pretty good bargain I guess.

Already had the first part of the PADI course this afternoon. Three more days and I’m PADI certified.. (scary thought that it goes that quick;-)

The beach here looks fab with nice white sand and turquoise waters..
Just a shame I will be busy with the dive course and wont be able to make use of the beach more that an hour or so at the end of the day..



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *