BootsnAll Travel Network



44: Exploring Koh Samui (1)

Hired a Scooter today and drove around the northern part of Koh Samui a bit.

I only left around lunch time as the sky became a bit overcast and the beach wasn’t that appealing anymore. So I left my resort in North Chaweng just opposite Samui International Hospital if you check the area map. Strangely enough on this map the resort is not listed (its between Amari and Muang) but also the airport is no way where it’s marked!
I certainly don’t hear airplanes going over my bungalow and in fact the planes fly over mid Chaweng Beach about 1km south rather than where my resort is. One of the reasons why I was rather lucky to stay in this resort! But more on Samui Beaches in a different post.

So I took the main road along the cost (road 4171) towards Choeng Mon, the north eastern corner of the island. There are a few small beaches which I stopped at, the biggest of them near Koh Farn Noi, a tiny island opposite the beach.

Even this biggest of the Choeng Mon Beaches had quite a different feel to it compared to Chaweng.
Very few people were there, bunglaows a bit more worn and looking rather like old wooden huts. There was not much happening in terms of catering which can be good or bad depending on whether you want any food/drinks or not;-) The sand was quite nice and so was the water.

To bo continued.. (sorry I put pictures on flickr.com which took a good while)



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *