BootsnAll Travel Network



1: Blogs?

Blog One

So…. here I am starting my first blog. “A Blog?” you ask? Well don’t ask me. I have no idea who or when or how or why the word Blog came about or even who first came up with the concept of “Blogging” (though no doubt Google has the answer to all those questions).

A Blog is a rather strange odd thing. You can’t touch it, smell it, taste it, hear it and one can even argue about whether of not you can see it, yet – you can still experience it. A Blog isn’t real in the physical sense. A Blog is a collection of zeros and ones, of bits and bytes, of electrons. A Blog has a home on a harddisk somewhere yet it travels simultaneously all over the world. It is constantly on the move throughout the internet yet once it’s home dies it also seizes to exist. And then again.. a Blog is nothig like that at all…

A Blog is a record of one individuals thoughts, ideas or emotions. A record shared with nobody except the Author him-/herself, or shared with friends or foes or simply with whole wide world. A Blog is a stimulus to any human brain. A Blog a medium to record ones thoughts. No matter what the content, a Blog is just that.

A Blog is an electronic Post-It Note, a Notebook, a Diary if you like. It’s good for anything and nothing at the same time. A Blog can be personal or not at all and if you share it with the whole wide world you can, however unlikely it may seem, be guaranteed that some people somewhere in the world will read your blog, relive your thought, ideas, emotions and share part of your life with you, even if is just this weekends shopping list that you blogged 😉

Blogging is big it seems as blog sites are everywhere. Blogs are the new trend after E-Mail and SMS.
Blogging is a way to preserve ones Life and blogging is also it seems a way of life.

Well, we shall see how well I take up blogging and if it changes my life 🙂



Tags: ,

0 responses to “1: Blogs?”

  1. Robert P says:

    Blog comes from “Weblog”, somewhere along the lines they just lost a W and an E. I thought you’d like to know, because it bugged the hell out of me until I found it.

    Rob

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *