BootsnAll Travel Network



Something Seems Familiar….

Wellington is the capital of New Zealand. We spent the day here and as always found some quirky things that you don’t find in the US… Like an outdoor rock climbing wall (sans harnesses or ropes or any type of safety), an outdoor skateboard park that anyone can use (again, most use helmets but not required). We also saw an ad for ‘The Highland Games’… I thought this was only a Scottish thing. Paula and I discussed and figured ‘Highlands’ was maybe just a term for the mountains we had just left in the north. Later, we made our way to the museum where we were able to learn a lot about New Zealand history. New Zealand is very young and has only had people (from anywhere) living on it for less than 1000 years. Then we saw it… the Scots arrived in the late 1800’s looking for work and to make a better life. They found it here…. and they brought their games and whiskey with them.

dan



Tags: ,

One Response to “Something Seems Familiar….”

  1. Yer Ma Says:

    So there you have it…the Scots explored other places when they were uprooted from their homes. They also went to Australia. Another place to have a wee dram! Loved the pictures on Snapfish. Love you!!
    Ma xoxox
    I’m getting ready to bake cookies ~

Leave a Reply