BootsnAll Travel Network



Ready For Take-Off…

So the good bye party was great and we were able to say farewell to a lot of good friends. At this point, we’ve had our last pizza, our last cheeseburger, our last thai food, our last walk with Dudley, and the last of our non-travel personal items have been boxed and placed in Paula’s parents attic. We had lunch with my mom and dinner with Steve, Claudia, and Alicia. A last drink with an old friend and a last parting hug. A final game of cribbage seals the deal and closes our last night in the USA until June of ’08.

We depart in the morning (9 hours and 45 mins from now…) from DCA. We have a flight to LAX and a 9 hour layover before Air New Zealand kicks off the journey into high gear. We actually booked separate flights… a one-way to LA with a separate one-way to NZ. I’m not quite sure why this turns out to be cheaper than simply booking one carrier straight through (with or without stops) but the bonus is the non-US carrier for the international portion of the flight (as non-US carriers are generally better about service and ammenities).

dan



Tags: , ,

One Response to “Ready For Take-Off…”

  1. Yer Ma Says:

    Dear D ‘n P, I can hardly believe that you are in New Zealand. I hope you’ll be able to put some pictures on soon. How was the flight out there? Did you get lots of good stuff to eat (no chicken I hope) and drink? Love you! Ma xoxoxoxo

  2. admin Says:

    I am trying to get some pics up this morning. The flight out was good although the food left a little to be desired. Still Air New Zealand far surpassed our international flight experiences with any other American carrier.

  3. Posted from New Zealand New Zealand

Leave a Reply