BootsnAll Travel Network



Cape Town

We arrived in Cape Town and were immediately excited by all the adventurous prospects that Africa had to offer. Kiliminjaro is only a few weeks away, safaris are available seemingly everywhere, and the raw beauty of this continent jumps out at you immediately. One problem, we’re sick and a little low on energy. No problem, Cape Town is relaxing and everything you need is a short walk away. There is a great waterfront that we made use of many times (we even went to KFC… I haven’t been to KFC in well over 10 years, hehe). Also, the movies were cheap (less that 5USD) which was nice.

Once we were feeling better we went to check out Table Mountain. This mountain was once at the ocean floor and was scraped completely flat by a glacier. Many years ago, it was raised up and is now a phenomenal presence just outside Cape Town creating a very picturesque backdrop for the city. You take a cable car to the top which is fun. The car rotates as it goes up so you get panoramic views as you move along.

dan



Tags: , , ,

One Response to “Cape Town”

  1. Big Bro Says:

    Hope you’re having a Happy Birthday, Dan!

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply