BootsnAll Travel Network



17 Countries, 6 weeks, 1 pair of underwear….

Packing has been an issue for the trip. Since we are backpacking, how does one have all the necessary clothes for 6 months at once AND be able to carry it all day long if required? The answer is layers, and things that clean and dry quickly. Add to that that paula and I have recently decided to add climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro to the trip (the tallest mountain in Africa at over 19,000 feet and renowned as a great life experience), we are going to have to pack for both hot and (very)cold alike.

So for some advice, we went down to REI. REI is a local outdoor-sy type store specializing in camping/hiking/climbing/etc. Nearly 5 hours later we emerged… on a first name basis with half the staff (even gave our email address to one woman so she could get in touch about Kilimanjaro), a bit poorer, but with underwear that has “17 countries, 6 weeks… one pair of underwear” on the packaging. The point is that they dry quickly so you can hand wash them at night and they are ready for you in the morning. Being the skeptic, I decided to buy 2 pairs… ya know.. just in case.

Dan

Dan trying out his travel gear



Tags: , , , , ,

2 Responses to “17 Countries, 6 weeks, 1 pair of underwear….”

  1. Yer Ma Says:

    This sounds like a great adventure – good planning with the undies. I feel successful as your mother!!

  2. Mike Says:

    So how did that underwear turn out? Did it hold its promise?

  3. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply