BootsnAll Travel Network



The eagle has landed

We’re here! We arrived in India/Dehli pretty late last night, after a pretty smooth flight in which Mike slept for 9 of the 12 hours and while Cheryl fended off the annoying/old guy sitting next to her. Other than the fact that our flight from D.C. to Newark was delayed (causing us to hop on the Amtrak train in DC around 4, and catch our outgoing flight just in the nick of time at 8:45), the trip here went well. We are staying in little Tibet, a little northern (I believe) area in Dehli, at a comfortable hostel called the Wohngdon House (sp). It’s a small area/village/compound with an obviously strong Tibetian feel, with hostels, shops, etc. all along the street corners. Kind of keeps us out of downtown Dehli, which is, um, uh, a little bit chaotic. We took a quick trip downtown this afternoon to see a place called the Red Fort, which is an old army base (I believe). It was interesting, very crowded, and Dehli is something else. LOADS of people, very hectic, people approaching you, and unfortunately a lot of pollution/poverty also (the smog almost hangs in the air). Everything we were expecting, and more. So you could say we are still, um, forming our opinion right now about Dehli…We are scheduled to be in here tonight and tomorrow night and then on friday morn. catch a flight to Kathmadu (where we will be for 3 days and then we begin our Trek). All very exciting, and we are both pretty psyched for what lies ahead of us up in Nepal. Cheryl has been our fearless leader, while I have been a combination of things, probably none of which include the word “fearless”. That’s it for now, we’ll be back soon…



Tags:

3 responses to “The eagle has landed”

  1. Robin says:

    Cheryl and fearless – interesting – sounds like you guys are off to a good start – have fun. R

  2. Lynne says:

    Hey guys! Just checking out how this Reply system works. Is it private or public? Definitely need to know that before I start writing stuff. It may affect the content of my response. Sounds like everything is going well and you’re dealing well with the initial culture shock of it all. Get some pictures immediately! You’ll want it on record that you started this trip looking clean and happy and healthy. Not that you won’t end the trip that way.

    I LOVE YOU!!

  3. Lynne says:

    Okay. So it’s public. Good to know.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *