BootsnAll Travel Network



The New Zealand Posse

Well, it’s been a bit since our last post, but we’ve been quite busy since we’ve left wine country. We first met up w/our friends Toni & Brese, from Jackson, (who are doing a whirlwind travel adventure themselves), and shortly after that we also joined forces w/Cheryl’s parents, Doug and Donna Niemi. Together , we’ve formed a band of Super-Travelers, leaving most of the South Island in our wake. Seriously, it’s been a fun couple of weeks. We’ve had a great day hike w/Cheryl’s parents, seen Penguins with both Toni& Brese AND Cheryl’s parents, and had another great whitewater rafting adventure on some class 4&5 rapids. Pics are below, we’ll try and write more later. We’re currently in Queenstown, a very cool (albeit very touristy and a bit crowded) town/city in the South Island, and in 2 days all six of us are beginning a 3day/2night odyssey into the woods, onto a backpacking trip called the Routeburn Tramp. We’re all looking forward to it. We’re running out of time right now, we’ll try and write more later on!
p2138246.JPG
NELSON LAKES NATIONAL PARK

p2158270.JPG
ON THE WAY TO GO RAFTING, MT SOMERS

p2168277.JPG
CHURCH AT LAKE TEKAPO

p2168279.JPG
MIKEY

p2168287.JPG
SUNSET LAKE TEKAPO

p2178301.JPG
MT COOK NATIONAL PARK (not mt. cook in picture)

p2178310.JPG
MIKE & CHERYL (MT. COOK in BACKGROUND)

p2178315.JPG
MT. COOK

p2188329.JPG
HANGING OUT IN THE CAMPSITE

p2188330.JPG
FAMOUS NZ SHEEP

dscf0766.JPG
CHERYL & TONI LOOKING FOR PENGUINS

p2188351.JPG
YELLOW EYED PENGUIN

p2188360.JPG
OMARU, home of little cute blue penguins (we couldn’t take photos)

p2198370.JPG
MORAKI BOULDERS

p2198373.JPG
BOULDERS

p2208402.JPG

p2208404.JPG
PICS OF QUEENSTOWN



Tags:

9 responses to “The New Zealand Posse”

  1. cn says:

    Glad you all are having fun. Not much new here. Some guy down the road was cleaning a cannonball he found and blew himself up. That’s the biggest news I have. Tell mom and Dad i said hi.

  2. Karen says:

    Beautiful pictures, as usual! I would like to see pictures of Donna and Doug, however!
    Do you know any history of the Moraki boulders?

  3. mere says:

    I am not jealous at all, Galveston Texas is way cooler then NZ.

  4. Donna and Doug says:

    You don’t need to see Donna and Doug’s picture, we are too old! We love being with Cheryl and Mike in NZ.

  5. Robin says:

    I agree pictures of Donna & Doug would be nice. I have to say- I am jealous – pictures are great

  6. jonny b says:

    Do the SuperTravelers have any cool super powers? I like penguins. Frank is a very handsome man.

  7. cn says:

    The link below is to a picture of Donna and Doug as requested.

    Hope you guys are having fun.

    http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/ugly-people-79.htm

  8. cn says:

    Here’s another photo of Donna and Doug with a young Cheryl.

    http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/ugly-people-348.htm

  9. Robin says:

    I really like the family photo with the “young” cheryl – great job thanks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *