BootsnAll Travel Network



So long, New Zealand!

Greeetings everyone!  Bet you thought you wouldn’t hear from US again.  Cheryl and Mike’s Adventure is winding down, and in case you haven’t noticed (and judging from the lack of comments, you haven’t!), we’ve really mailed it in (blog-wise) this last month, but for old times’ sake we figured we’d treat everyone to one final posting, mainly of pictures. We were on the move a good bit the last month, but mostly it was sheer apathy that had to do with our blog-less-ness, and we’re sorry. Unfortunately, there wasn’t as much laptop/wireless access over here as we imagined there would be, so getting the pictures up was more difficult than thought. But, there’s alot to check out down here, the pics include a trip along the southern coast, a trip w/our friends Courtney and Ben to the Milford Sound (pretty much where we left off a month ago, I think), some Christchurch pics (we celebrated a birthday a couple of weeks ago, and caught a Rugby game and a Jack Johnson concert), as well as some random stuff. Hard to believe it’s winding down. We fly out of here on Monday, and arrive back home on Tuesday. Incredible, this huge trip/ adventure really did go kind of fast. We’ve seen alot, experienced alot, and had a trip we’ll never forget. We’ve been in Christchurch for awhile, mainly focusing on selling Frank (our car), which we did, and now just kind of kicking around the city waiting to fly out. When we return, we’ll be running around on the east coast for a bit (preparing ourselves for our entry back into the real world!), and then Cheryl and Mike are back out to Jackson and will both be there by early May. We’re looking forward to catching up with our family and friends, and sharing stories and pictures with everyone. We really appreciated everyone sending their thoughts/comments in during our journey, we missed everyone and it’s been great hearing from you all. Enjoy the pics, and we’ll see you all soon!!!!!!!!!!

p3038735-1.JPG
Heading towards the Caitlins

p3038729-1.JPG
More NZ sheep

p3048757-1.JPG
Slope Point

p3048763-1.JPG
Windswept Trees

p3048766-1.JPG
Petrified Tree

p3048785-1.JPG
Nugget Point

p3068790-1.JPG
Milford Sound

p3068841-1.JPG
Courtney, Ben, Cheryl & Mike

p3068822-1.JPG

p3068848-1.JPG

p3068829-1.JPG
NZ fur seals

p3068858-1.JPG
Courtney & Cheryl

p3108892-1.JPG
Dunedin Railway Station

p3108878-1.JPG
Otago Pensisula

p3108877-1.JPG

p3108875-1.JPG
Shag Bird

p3128895-1.JPG
Start of Avalanche Peak (near arthurs pass)

p3128923-1.JPG
Mike

p3128916-1.JPG
At the top (notice the Kea – alpine parrot)

p3128920-1.JPG
a closer view of the Kea

p3128924-1.JPG

p3128921-1.JPG
Avalanche Peak

p3178964-1.JPG
Sunset Kaikoura

p3158937-1.JPG
Kaikoura

dscf0918-1.JPG
Kaikoura

dscf0944-1.JPG
Christchurch

dscf0937-1.JPG

dscf0933-1.JPG
MIKE: “I know this picture’s ridiculous, but Cheryl loves it and insists on putting it in!”
CHERYL: he looks so cute! it was his b-day!

dscf0968-1.JPG
Rugby game (Christchurch crusaders vs Waratahs) (Crusaders won!!)

p3238975-1.JPG
Maori Church

dscf0980-1.JPG
Akora



Tags:

5 responses to “So long, New Zealand!”

  1. Stephanie says:

    I sure have enjoyed following along… I can’t wait for you to meet Campbell! See you soon! Love Stephanie

  2. tracy says:

    That was very touching! I am sad that the blog is ending. Glad that you two will be back soon!

  3. Karen says:

    Fabulous, crystal clear pictures!! Thank you for sharing your journeys – we loved it!
    xoxo

  4. Leslye M says:

    I am so sad it is ending. I loved getting to live vicariously through you two.

  5. Megan McMahon says:

    The JH Res office were all just enjoying y’alls pics 🙂 We love the shout out with the JHRL hat! Hope y’all enjoy the rest of your travels and we’ll see you soon!
    Take care,
    Megan =)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *