BootsnAll Travel Network



Greetings from the top of the world

Namaste everyone! We’re coming to you liiiiiiive from Namche Bazaar, on the 3rd day of our Trek. Incredibly, they have internet cafes up here, and we had to drop a line to our public and let them know we are doing well, the trek is going great (we start doing some real hiking tomorrow) and we’re both healthy (knock on wood). If you get a minute, check the comments from the last post, Cheryl’s Dad put up an excellent explaination of our trek, and you can follow his directions on the map and really get a sense of what we’re doing. Had our first glimpse of Everest today, it was INCREDIBLE, got a bunch of pics and it seems the views keep getting better and better. That’s it for now, we’ll perhaps catch another internet cafe on the way down, but if we don’t we’ll give full blog updates once we are back in KTM!

Cheryl & Mike



Tags:

8 responses to “Greetings from the top of the world”

  1. Stephanie says:

    Thinking of you…Have lots of fun and I can’t wait to hear more and see pics.

  2. Tracy says:

    I can not wait to hear all about the trek! The “Monkey Temple” that was on the Tivo, a 1,000 places to see before you die. You two be safe.

  3. CN says:

    Walking around temples or stupas is traditionally done clockwise…

  4. CN says:

    Nepal has 8 % of the total species of birds found in the world. I’m not sure if this counts KFC.

  5. Rob and Tracy says:

    Excited to hear more about the trek!! Thanks Doug for the detailed description of route.

  6. Lynne says:

    Hey guys – couple things you should know: Boston won the World Series, Steelers won their last game against the Ravens (hands down! 38-7 – Roethlisberger threw 5 touchdown passes to Steelers wearing throw back uniforms that were really ugly), the NYC Marathon was won by a Kenyan (What!!??), the writer’s union went on strike so a lot of the late night talk shows have gone dark, Jennifer Lopez is expecting a baby, Angelina and Brad may get married and gas prices are going up every day. By the time you get back to the states you may be looking at $4 a gallon. Other than that, everything has been pretty quiet around here. Can’t wait to hear about your trek. Love you!

  7. Drew says:

    Didn’t know I could post here…
    I know that internet cafe in Namche. I bought the prayer flags for Pony lane dow the street from there.
    Like I said – watch those stairs that last/first set of stairs between Lukla and Namche.
    I love the Lukla Airport!

  8. Leigh Boike says:

    Just wanted to let you all know that I was thinking about you and hope you have safe travels!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *