BootsnAll Travel Network



Springtime in Prague

Finally!! Since I last wrote things have improved dramatically…the weather has cooperated with a strong sun, budding trees and flowers, and the forcast calls for 60 degrees all week. And the hostel we switched to is a gem…great breakfast, showers and helpful staff…nicest and newest hostel we have stayed in by far, it only opened last month in the less-tourist Vinohrady district. It’s amazing what a little warmth and a comfy pillow can do to boost my spirits. Ofcourse this absolutely glorious city has played a part in the uplifting too…It’s more magical than I imagined…full of amazing architecture and parks, an excelent public transport system (I’m loving the trams!) plus spectacular views from all around. I may have written this before, but I just love cities with hills…it seems to add such character to a place, and as CJ said today, this city has wonderful hills in the right spots. I also adore cities with green space and parks where you can feel away from it all and still be in the heart of the city…and Prague has plenty of this too. We had a picnic lunch on Petrin Hill today, in the shadow of the Strahov Monastary and Prague Castle. Yesterday we did a 4 hour early morning walking tour with Prague Walks and today we retraced our steps and visited some of the gardens and chuches in the quaint Little Quarter, Mala Strana. And of course we have enjoyed walking along the Vltava River and over the famous Charles Bridge. There are some unique museums and art galleries here, including ones that feature Czech cubism and Art Nouveau styles, I’m hoping to visit them this weekend, and tomorrow we may visit the Jewish Quarter. There is laundry and some spring clothes shopping to do (time for new socks!) and of course travel planning, I’ll fit it all in, even if there is no rainy day.

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.