BootsnAll Travel Network



Beer Cheese is the Best

Have you ever had this stuff? It is a favorite here in Prague and CJ and I indulged in this local treat on two separate occasions this week. A generous portion of beer-flavored cheese is served with toasted bread and whole cloves of garlic. You rub garlic on the warm toast, spread on some cheese and take a bite, followed by a swig of a pilsner or something darker if you are a real beer lover. I am not a huge beer gal (boy do I miss those Spanish-wine-with-every-meal -days) but this beer cheese treat really goes quite nicely with a cold one.

We are wrapping up our stay in Prague, and it has been a faulous and memorable week. On Friday we visited Vysehrad, a fortress high on a hill with great views of the river and castle. While there we went to a great rustic outdoor beer garden on the fortress grounds, full of jugglers, dogs and families enjoying a Friday night drink. We then headed to New Town to a very famous, and more touristy beer hall, U Fleku, where we tried their traditional dark brew and met five very nice Brits too, who we then bar-hopped with for a bit. I/we wound up drinking a super-mojito, which I didn’t expect to do in Prague, but it was all part of a fun night out.

We spent most of Saturday and Sunday doing intensive travel planning at an internet cafe for the next leg of our journey. We’re headed to Cesky Krumlov next (3 days), then CJ and I will split up for about four days,eventually reuniting in Budapest for a week, followed by another week or so in Slovenia before we split up for good in early May. We will both be spending time in Italy after that, but will be visiting different friends and family in different parts of the country. Lots of logistics to work out, especially with the high season fast approaching, so it was important to get started on all this. It meant that I did not get to a museum as I had hoped, but all the more reason for a return visit one day.

Tags: , , , ,



3 Responses to “Beer Cheese is the Best”

  1. Heather Says:

    Kelly –

    Great to hear from you. Looks like your trip is going smashingly well. I am following along and wish I could experience just a piece of what you are. Good luck and good weather on the remainder ofyour travels.

    Heather

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Ann Coleman Says:

    I completely agree! I always enjoy a good helping of beer cheese (accompanied by good beer). Also enjoyed your food entry immensely! As an adventuresome foodie (within reason), I’m enjoying your forays! So glad you are living out this dream, and glad to hear from you! In an ironical (is that a word?) twist, I’ll be @ NYU in May for MARC- my first trip there ever! Did we switch lives? I will so be thinking of you while I’m there.

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. admin Says:

    Thanks for stopping by Heather and Ann…and Anne, have a blast in NYC, even close to home you can do travels to new and wild places 🙂

  6. Posted from Czech Republic Czech Republic