BootsnAll Travel Network



Vancouver pt2

Well I’ve explored Vancouver for 3 days now, there’s some pretty cool parts of town and more Japanese restaurants than I’ve ever seen in one city. (though that will probably change in the next month or so…) Plenty of other different ethnic foods too.

Saturday the weather was just about perfect and that was reflected by the mob of people all over Stanley park, so we drove up to Grouse Mountain above North Vancouver and did some hiking in the forest. Different to any forest I’ve been in, it was so quiet the only thing you could hear was the occasional bird call, no other noise whatsoever.

I explored most of the downtown on foot during one of the 3 days here but when Sunday decided to be wet it turned into a public transport day which is pretty easy to figure out here and we got to some more outreaching parts of the city. Overall I like the the city vibe here. There are so many international people here that certain areas no one is speaking any english but other areas everyone is speaking english and I liked areas represented by both categories. You can just about forget you are in North America for a while and then be reminded that you are just as quickly as you forgot, interesting…

Next it’s back to the US and Seattle with an Oasis concert coming up there on Tuesday, should be a blast!



Tags: , ,

3 responses to “Vancouver pt2”

  1. Pla says:

    You should definitely consider making a coffee table book with all the great pictures you’ve been taking. “Trip Around The World In Photos” or something.

  2. Israel says:

    Somehow, every year we plan a vacation, Canada come up as the first choice, and then mysteriously changes priority with some other country. What a lovely country with so beautiful nature. I hope that this year, with help of my hubby and your spectacular photos we finally go visit Canada :)

  3. Adam says:

    I’ve been to Canada several times and always enjoyed it, great country!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.