BootsnAll Travel Network



Valparaíso

I’m really getting used to these overnight buses, I slept more on this one to Valparaiso than any of the previous ones, almost as much as if I was in a typical bed!  I got in to Valparaiso at 8:30 in the morning and then embarked on the 1/2 hour walk to my hostel from the bus station (I’m trying to give up taxis at the moment).  Most of the walk is flat, through the sea level part of the city, but the last part is straight up to get into the cerro alegre where my hostel was.  Valparaíso is built around the bay and the hills start going up fast once you move away from the waterfront, very picturesque but not so much fun walking up the hills with a backpack on.

IMG_4893

After I found the hostel and left my backpack there I took a walking tour to orient myself with the city, the price for it included a lunch at a good fish restaurant with a killer view over the city.  I can’t remember the last time I had fish, maybe fish n chips in England!  Good views, good food and a good day.  By the end of the afternoon though I was physically exhausted, the combination of hiking all day the day before, rushing to my bus, then walking around the hills of Valparaiso all of the next day!

IMG_4717

IMG_4731

The next day, after a good nights sleep and one of the best hostel breakfasts I’ve had I headed out and wandered all around taking loads of pictures.  The buildings here are colourful and of all sorts of different architecture.  None of the buildings are that old, considering the city was founded hundreds of years ago, because in 1906 an earthquake destroyed almost everything here.  What followed was rebuilding the city quickly, though not particularly structurally safe.  All the styles of building, and everything on top of everything else on the hills along with the colours make for some great views though!

cerro concepcion

cerro concepcion

cerro concepcion

IMG_4801

IMG_4735

I descended to the “plan”, the flat part of the city and went to the working area barrio puerto which has lots of cheaply priced restaurants serving fresh fish and seafood.  I had the paila marina, which was basically a seafood stew served piping hot in a stone bowl, reminding me a little of the dol-sot-bibimbap in South Korea.

IMG_4821

baila

After lunch I walked around “the plan” a bit more, before heading back up the hill/cliff to my hostel where I collapsed into a chair.  Later on, I went out at dusk, got a great twilight view of the harbour and then found a restaurant specializing in Chilean food for dinner.  I had the conejo con salsa de vino tinto y frambuesa with a pisco sour, the classic Chilean cocktail.  Good meal.

cerro concepcion

IMG_4859



Tags: ,

42 responses to “Valparaíso”

  1. Lashonda Blain

    I found a great…

  2. Jarrod Chia

    I found a great…

  3. Alec Grever

    I found a great…

  4. Chantell Foth

    I found a great…

  5. for Wiggle.co.uk

    Valparaíso » TravelBlog Archive » Breakfast in Tokyo, Lunch in Cape Town & Dinner in Medellín

  6. Voucher Sort says:

    Voucher Sort

    Valparaíso » TravelBlog Archive » Breakfast in Tokyo, Lunch in Cape Town & Dinner in Medellín

  7. list of discount codes for flowers here

    blog topic

  8. 부산중고차매매

    blog topic

  9. 부산중고차

    blog topic

  10. Price For Zithromax

  11. 부산중고차매입

    blog topic

  12. 내차팔기 says:

    내차팔기

    blog topic

  13. 그랜드룸 says:

    그랜드룸

    blog topic

  14. 부산유흥 says:

    부산유흥

    blog topic

  15. 해운대 가볼만한곳

    blog topic

  16. 중고차매입

    blog topic

  17. 부산 중고차

    blog topic

  18. 해운대 says:

    해운대

    blog topic

  19. 해운대고구려

    blog topic

  20. 부산고구려가격

    blog topic

  21. Hello! I’ve been following your site for some time now and finally got the bravery to
    go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Tx!
    Just wanted to say keep up the excellent work!

  22. 부산고구려

    blog topic

  23. I all the time used to study paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of internet thus from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.

  24. Greate post. Keep posting such kind of information on your
    page. Im really impressed by your blog.
    Hello there, You have performed an incredible job.
    I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my
    friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this web site.

  25. Really when someone doesn’t understand afterward its up to other users that they
    will help, so here it happens.

  26. item414650630

    blog topic

  27. pro viagra says:

    Cialis Generico Costo

  28. 정보이용료현금

    blog topic

  29. 정보이용료현금화

    blog topic

  30. 소액결제현금

    blog topic

  31. _____ says:

    _____

    HT1-9(1)

  32. ponsise says:

    que es kamagra kamagra la caixa exceso de kamagra

  33. Clieree says:

    A subserosal mass lies under the serosal outermost layer of the uterus. levitra price per pill

  34. Orgarturn says:

    all vets one—buy prednisone Wobwll Levitra Kopen Zonder Recept

  35. Cintele says:

    Rikyre Then ulnarly deviate the wrist. plaquenil lupus

  36. anternemn says:

    Combivent Inhaler Without Rx online cialis pharmacy Zithromax For Acne

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.