BootsnAll Travel Network



Stellenbosch and the winelands

The bus trip from Knysna to Stellenbosch was slightly under 1000km and
took around 9 hours. It felt like the bus ride that would never end, I got on at noon and arrived long after dark, the bus was pretty full due to the group of loud, annoying american university students traveling on it. This was the 2nd bus ride I had to endure with the same group of people (who are remembered by most bazbus travelers I’ve met along the route since Durban) luckily it will also be the last. We did pass some great views along the way…

IMG_2676

Day 1 in Stellenbosch was wet, miserable and very English in nature. I walked around the town centre a little in the morning, it’s a great setting with lots of tree lined streets and old colonial buildings.

the main church

typical road in stellenbosch

IMG_2684

I spent the rest of the day at the hostel to avoid the weather (along with everyone else staying there), fortunately the french open was on tv all afternoon. My second day I did a wine tour of the areas winelands, it was a full day out visiting 4 wineries and cheese factory and stopping for lunch somewhere in the middle (where exactly I don’t recall). There was a great bunch of people on the tour, apparently on avg we all had about 1 bottle of wines worth of sampling during the day, the weather couldn’t ruin the day. Got back to the hostel just before dark and had time for one more drink at the bar with everyone else before I had to leave and catch my bus to Cape Town. Fantastic day out, wine tours ftw!

the winelands



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.