BootsnAll Travel Network



Fukuoka

Well I’ve been in Japan a week now, loving pretty much everything about it.  Tokyo was modern and fast, then Nikko felt like I stepped back in time.  Kyoto was great with it’s fantastic restaurants and temples popping up everywhere, and Nara was another step back into ancient times walking through stone lantern lined pathways through forest to get to 1000 year old temples.  

 

The next few days I’m making up as I go along, no real plan for 3 days, then I have a basic idea of what I’m doing the rest of my time here.  Today I left Kyoto and took the shinkhansen down onto the South island of Kyushu to Fukuoka, my rail pass is saving me a ton of money, the trains I’ve ridden so far would’ve cost me about 3/4 of what the pass cost me, and I still have 10 days left on the pass!

 

I got to Fukuoka in the afternoon and checked in at the hotel, then went off to explore the town.  Very modern, lots of skyscrapers and high rise shopping complex’s.  It didn’t seem like there was a whole lot going on here until after 6:00 when the restaurants started to open, most of street vendors all over the place all of the sudden the place came to life.  Most active nite-the bars/restaurants have opening hours like 5pm-5am, or 6pm-8am.  They party late here.  I had some of the local speciality, ramen, first.  Then walked around some more and stepped into a corner bar, with a friendly waiter (almost goes without saying here, but this guy was particularly nice), had some sashimi, yakitori, shochu and sake.  I love dining in Japan.

 

river at night



Tags: ,

158 responses to “Fukuoka”

  1. The post was quite enticing once I started I couldn’t stop reading, there was a similar piece I read before, and when comparing these two I think this one clearly comes out on top.

  2. Relevant information and best selection of words really thanks for share it.

  3. Coach Australia offers free shipping on all orders within Australia. Discounts at Coach Australia can be availed by using online coach promo code from Revounts Australia.

  4. I enjoy reading your article

  5. Discounty says:

    Thank you for sharing such helpful and useful information, looking forward to more like this blog, keep posting.

  6. devops online training says:

    Nice post devops online training

  7. power bi training says:

    Nice postpower bi training

  8. junk car says:

    junk car

    Fukuoka » TravelBlog Archive » Breakfast in Tokyo, Lunch in Cape Town & Dinner in Medellín

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.