BootsnAll Travel Network



Cottesloe beach

My second full day in Perth I spent on the beach/beaches. There’s a lot of beaches near the city, I went to Cottesloe, one of the higher rated ones, 15 minutes on the train from downtown Perth for my first site of the Indian ocean.

Cottesloe beach

Cottesloe beach

The beach wasn’t that busy, and the water was very nice, significantly warmer than in Tasmania! It’s so clear here too! From Cottesloe there’s beaches stretching in both directions, North as far as you can see. I walked up to North Cottesloe beach, chilled there for a while before heading back to Cottesloe for some fish and chips and another swim. Such a perfect day for it, from what I can tell the weather is perfect most of the time in this area. I decided to walk back up North along the beach and watch the sunset, which, not as amazing as I’ve heard they can be here, was still nice. That concluded my five hours of beach life for the day, tough life this…

sunset

I left my couchsurfers place on Friday too since he had someone else arriving that night, found a nice hostel in the city to spend the weekend at before hopefully renting a car and heading out next week. I spent Saturday walking around the city and exploring more thoroughly than my first excursions. I stumbled across an english pub with just about my favourite english beer on tap that I seriously never see, after enjoying that pint immensely I discovered that there was a belgian beer hall not 300 meters away with my favourite belgian varieties on tap! I like this, alot.

So far I’m enjoying Perth, the weather is great, the city centre is a buzz with activity and can easily be traversed on foot. It does seem a tad more expensive than Melbourne, though not as costly as Sydney. A bit less variety than Melbourne in general for going out but this is to be expected considering it’s smaller population. Melbourne is still my favourite city in Australia, so far, but Perth is definitely firmly my good books.



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.