BootsnAll Travel Network



Australia

Today I’m flying to South Africa and it feels like I’m starting my trip all over again from the beginning. I’ve been in Australia for so long that even though I’ve been traveling around and seeing stuff recently the country itself has grown very familiar to me, to the point where just being here in itself is not exciting anymore. I can’t wait to be in South Africa, a new country, culture and continent for me. The only thing I’m not looking forward to is the flight there, 14 hours long, 4 hours longer than any previous flight I’ve taken in my life, and it’s through the middle of the day. I have armed myself with some Bill Bryson reading material, a fully charged iPod and I’m hoping Qantas has some good in flight movies. The fact that I could watch 4 full length films and still only be just over halfway done with the flight is not something I want to dwell on.

I’ve been in Oz for 5 months and here’s my quick review.
My favourite city here is Melbourne, except on the 46 degree days, I could live there.
Snorkeling on the Ningaloo and GB reefs was amazing, a whole new world to me and probably my #1 memory from my stay.
Queensland is awesome, the beaches, the rainforest, the reef…
Tasmania is also beautiful, in different ways, just colder.
I tried to pick a favourite beach but I couldn’t, there were contenders from all the states I’ve been in here..

and one last thing I have just discovered…

SYDNEY IS FREAKING COLD IN MAY!!!

signing off from Australia



Tags: ,

3 responses to “Australia”

  1. alex kaminksi says:

    sounds like alot of fun you lucky son-of-bitch, lol. To bad sydnay was cold but at least it was your last day. Don’t get killed by any crazy people while in S. Africa!

  2. J says:

    Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!!!

  3. Adam says:

    I hate that bloody chant!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.