BootsnAll Travel Network



Australia and the Blue Mountains

My flight over the Tasman was straightforward and uneventful, (and wow was the havana club rum cheap in duty free) weather upon arrival in Sydney was perfect, 25 and sunny. After checking in and dumping bags at the hostel we went out, walked around for a while and had dinner and a beer at a local brewery. First impressions of Sydney, very good.

The next morning we got a train out of Sydney into the not too distant blue mountains and the town of Katoomba. The weather was the same as the previous day, summer has truly started for me now, thank you Australia. The blue mountains get their name from the blueish haze you can see on the horizon here. I haven’t seen a large mountain yet, it’s actually a canyon, a really cool one at that.

the 3 sisters

Just being in Katoomba for over 24 hours,was enough to wow me, hiking along the edge of the canyon. Standing on the top of the cliff with a sheer dropoff of several hundred meters and looking out into a vast ocean of trees stretching throughout the entire area. The rocks are really strange and cool looking, the trees are different from anything I’ve ever seen before and I saw two greatly coloured wild birds and one lizard on the 1km hike.

wild parrot

lizard

2nd full day here we hiked down into the canyon, through part of it and then back out farther along. Great views of waterfalls along the way with a few rainbows caused by the mist at them!

rainbow from a waterfall

waterfalls

katoomba falls rainbow

The small town (18k) of Katoomba is even pretty cool. Loads of hip cafes, restaurants and even a belgian waffle shop on the main street! So far: 4 days in Australia, 4 days of summer sunshine and no rain. I like it here.

blue mountains



Tags: ,

2 responses to “Australia and the Blue Mountains”

  1. Adeel Khan Sherwani says:

    Cool Pics..
    Adeel Khan Sherwani from Atlanta

  2. Buy Elite Proxies

    I found a great…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.