BootsnAll Travel Network



arrival in Colombia

Getting to Colombia was a long travel day, we left the hostel in Lima in a taxi at 10am and got to the hostel in Medellin at 8pm.  The flight stopped in Quito, Ecuador on the way giving us some great views of the mountains near there.  Met by very friendly people at the information desk at Medellin airport, then on a bus for an hour to get to the city.  The ride was nice, everything is green here and everything we saw on the bus ride and walking around the city in the evening to find the hostel looks nice.  Much nicer than in Peru and didn’t look or feel dangerous at all.

We went out for dinner finally around 9:00, prices here are higher than Peru but the quality of the food was far higher.  Just had sandwiches at a nice restaurant, western food of the same good taste, quality and just as good service as most western countries but for less money.  I kept thinking throughout the night, this is the nicest bathroom I’ve seen since Chile or, this is the best restaurant service I’ve had since Chile.  etc etc.

After dinner we walked across the street to the Medellin beer hall, that had good locally brewed beer on tap, surprised the hell out of me and some of the friendliest service (because we were gringos) that I’ve received anywhere.  It was also full of waitresses wearing German costumes.  I’ve been in Medellin less than 24 hours and I can already say the girls here, most attractive of any part of South America I’ve been in.  Hands down.  Been hearing that for ages, and it is indeed true.

The weather is also better, I don’t need blankets at night and I can wear shorts and t-shirts in the day.  Sunshine and 29 degrees, summer, ahhhhh….



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.