BootsnAll Travel Network



if you don’t know where to go, stay put

The last few days in Nong Kiaw have been dominated by the sunset deck of my guest house, overlooking the Nam Ou river, encircled by soaring cliff faces,
bathed by the full moon light. Eating, reading, talking to a rotating selection of travellers just passing through this wee town that i decided to relax into for 5 days. it was here i met Llew who put me onto this whole travel blog business – so thanks for that.

i’m also getting out of my hammock once in a while and walking through the moutains, exploring caves, swimming in mini-waterfalls, and experiencing traditional village life. i have discovered, much to my surprise, that i love trekking – clambouring up hillsides, feeling strong in my body, connected to the earth.

Today i took a long, garden-of-eden-esque boat ride back to Luang Prabang,
am here before i head back to the capital and sort out a visa for ?Vietnam
?Cambodia ?india. “if you don’t know where to go, stay put” is my mantra for this time. i figure that if i don’t know, then perhaps the universe does, so i’m embracing my indecision as an opportunity for synchronicity to guide me on my way.

Before it seemed like i had all the time in the world, now it feels like time is chasing me, there is so much to see, but i guess i have a life time to travel and need not guzzle all the riches of Asia in one sitting.



Tags:

Comments are closed.