BootsnAll Travel Network



Nice – France, Monaco

NICE-FRANCE

The weather slowly got better out here, the rain is disappearing!

I think I finally found out why everyone likes it here. Lots of possible side trips, but most of all, the beach. See and this is odd because once again its a rock beach. People like rocks.

The first day i was here I met a bunch of people, and ended up haning out with some guys from ontario. They were relaxed and we went to Monaco together. The night before we were drinking in the hostel bar late, and they missed their train to Barcelona in the morning, so we decided to go to Monaco together. I opted not to go to Barcelona with them, as they are travelling too fast, and my priority now is Switzerland.

MONACO DAY TRIP
Took a day trip out to Monaco. Monaco is a seperate country, bordering France and Italy and the Mediterean sea. It has a population of approx 28 000 residents, most of which are very wealthy. Its well known for it Monte Carlo casino, which costs 10 euros to get into, and most travellers due to their clothes cannot get it. Beleive this? it has no taxes. The casinos pay for the police force and a few other things. Not as many lamborginis or Feraris as I had expected. Really nice small parks. It does have a really nice beach.

NICE AGAIN
Okay, so its a quaint little city with lots of sun, water sports, tourist, markets, and one heck of a party hostel. Or just a great place to chill out. Villa Sain Exbury- Never seen a hostel like this before. Cheap drinks, 1 euro, and cheap food, great meals for 6.50. I enjoyed the steak the first night, then turkey and lasagna. Now that I look at my budget, its time to eat bread and drink water! hopefully not, but at least no more lobster 🙂

Most of my days were spent wandering, despite booking 5 nights to try and get some rest. Wow time flies, as I plan the my trip to Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, I realize how time is flying.
This morning I went diving. France has a different diving system than the american PADI, so things run a bit different here and everyone dives with a divemaster. The neat thing on this dive was that there were a few octopus, and our divemaster decided to play with them. Now, i don’t remember anything saying play with the aquatic life as I’m against this, leave the animals alone. So anyhow since he was, it did send out about 4 ink shots trying to get away, then a couple more when he let it go. It was quite large, probably almost as long as my arm, and it would be a very bad thing to be attacked by one of these… the small one that attacked Adam in Egypt was not much bigger than a hand and it ended up leaving some decent marks on his leg. The full wetsuit with hood was so much warmer than the 3/4 length one before.

Well off to Chamonix then Interlaken Switzerland if all goes well.



Tags:

2 responses to “Nice – France, Monaco”

  1. Kathy says:

    Interlaken!! awesome.
    I hope you get a clear day for the Jungfrau.

    Man, I so wish I was back in Europe. and I wish I wasn’t such a wimp for diving.

  2. Bingo says:

    Great blog post, will bookmark your site and also add your rss feed to my feed readers! Many thanks for a very good read!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *