BootsnAll Travel Network



What a difference a border makes! Sunay 19th Feb. Salta

Holed up her euntil tomorrow at 6.50 when i get a bus to take me to Puerto Igasau – 26 houors on the road. Hair is wrong colour but at least has one now! got on wrong bus from Tupiza and when it came to my notice, ( a man wanting my seat) my bus had left! I was in a real state bcause time is of the essence at the moment! I cried, they gave me my money back, woman got off my wrong bus and i bought her ticket – was on way to Villazon! I wa scomforted by two lovely people from Argentina who spoke immaculate English – i feel more and more inadequate as time goes on with my Spanish! BUT; the bus was air conditioned, comfortable, road was smooth so it was quiet enough for me to listen to my music – it´s a first for this trip! Got here to after 7 and half hour trip at 3.45am. found hotel, slept until 9am and got up to go get ticket for Igasau. This is a different planet – Argentina so far ahead of Bolivia.

I fel a bit blind with no lonely Plane for Argentina but manging ok so far. will only be here 4 days or so. Liz, you ask about toilets! I must say this has been a bit of a good and bad story. all public toilets in Bolivia ae clean and you have to pay 0.50 bolivianos about less than nothing, and you get toilet paper given to you as you go in. Posh ones cost 3 Bols. They do vary in standards and I know Philippa would be rather constipated if she were here!

when travelling there are often no banos so you have to take a walk on the wild side! Desperate situations call for desperate measures! In Argentina i was excited to see that the banos ae free! and much cleaner!

I have just finished reading the second of 2 books by Simon de Bernieres – think it´s simon  , anyway, very kindly lent to me by Claire as they are based in S. America – ´the battle of the General´s nether parts´and ´Lord Vivo and the Coca lords´ – really enjoyed them  – put me in mood for here! So thanks Claire!

OK going to go on a walk about and discover some of this amazing city. Chao!xx



Tags:

Leave a Reply