BootsnAll Travel Network



Mal Dia! Friday 17th Feb.

It all started badly adn up to and including trying to do my blog now and email it has been one big problema! It was at 5am when locked in my hotel with the ´bus´as I thought leaving at 5.30am. I couldn´t rouse the girl who said she would be there to open door – hot sweats and panic! Eventually after waking all the hotel who were cursing me, she let me out! I dashed on foot to the bus place to find no bus but a 4 WD leaving at 6am! 10 people but me in front with one other person. I was so angry but my bad spanish didn´t let me give vent to my feelings so brooded for the first 2 hours! I was utterly stuck for words when we stopped at some small place and were unloaded and told another carro would take us to tupiza in an hour!  Why did I get up at 4am¿ so the next car came and on we went – after one and a h alf hour wait in hot sun. We arrived 2 hours quicker than I expected – 2pm instead of 4pm. I found a nice hotel who must have thought I looked harassed and agreed to give me some agua caliente so that i could make tea! Two h ours later I am much better! I have booked my bus to Villazon tomorrow at 2.30 – short trip to Argentine border (2 hours). Hopefully I can then pick up a bus in the direction of Salta (8 hours ride).

Now if all this is boring you I will tell you the interesting thing about round here. Robert Leroy Parker and Harry   Alonzo Longabaugh or Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid , had their last shoot out just a stones throw from where i am now. The landscape is very much like a desert with cactus and some amazing rock formations that would stand alongside some from the states – like bryce canyon etc. The rocks are white, red and blue and  look spectacular. Something has to taske my mind off my day! Now the internet connection is the slowest I have come across! anyway there is hope! I have manged to find some hair dye and will do my hair tonight – been bleached by the sun which is very harsh at this altitude. Only 2950m now so feeling better on that front! May be Igassau before i get to a computer again – at the border with Argentina and Brazil. Must get there so that I can spend 2 dAYS IN ONE PLACE TO RECOVER EXCESSIVE TRAVELLING! pRESSE caps lock again! Sorry! Hope you are all ok. Uyuni was wonderful but the leaving is very difficult!

 

 



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply