BootsnAll Travel Network



I´m not crying in Argentina! Tuesday 21st Feb.

Made it! Yes the journey of 26 hours went amazingly well thanks to the buses here! SO different to Bolivia! A sandwich, cake and coke when we got on, tea and biscuits at 6pm and at 10pm dinner! I have a confession – the sandwich was beef and yes! I ate it and yes I enjoyed it!! Feel cursed for my weakness but there was no alternative! I suppose I am in Argentina with all these cows – the animals i mean! A little man came round at regular intervals and swept the ailes and washed them with disenfectant (God my spelling is wonky at the moment!) – i couldn´t believe what was happening after the buses in bolivia! I kept laughing to myself. The seats were amazing and I slept well , arriving in Igasau about 9.30 am today. I found a place to stay and then went to book my flight to Rio – a Korean girl on the bus had scared me with tales of full planes because of Carnival – and managed one that takes 3 and half hours instead of one because i have to change – no direst flights left! anyway, had shower in stifling heat and set off for the falls! WOW! got wet through as I was near them – wonderd why everyone seemed to be dressed as if for beach – then I realised why I had packed waterproof – sometimes I worry about me! Wet as it was it was spectacular. Saw a toucan and a monkey and another bird  with yellow breast and black or navy back – didn´t see any big cats – told you not to feed them!!! Off into Brazil tomorrow morning so that I can go to see the Falls from that side. Flight to Rio is 6am so will have an early start on Thursday. Bit scared about Rio but will go slowly. Eating empanadas – cornish pasty type things – 1 peso – about 20p.

Too hot to carry on now so off to get something to eat! Chao xx



Tags:

One Response to “I´m not crying in Argentina! Tuesday 21st Feb.”

  1. Tricia Says:

    Well, what expeditions you have been on! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at your travelling trials. All good character-building stuff my Mum would say!! You must write that travel book when you get home – ”Jan’s guide to the longest bus rides in South America”
    I’m sure dozens of people are sending their warmth of a cuddle to you – mine is an especially big hug!
    Tricia

Leave a Reply