BootsnAll Travel Network



I went, I went, to San Francisco…..(sing along now!)…Part 1

As there as been a lull in my blog whilst I was enjoying myself in San Francisco I thought I’d better keep the duck lovers up to date with how I found things just before I left Vancouver and just as I got back! I know that is all you are reading this blog for! Well just before I left there were 5, yes 5 ducks on the pond! The household had a discussion and Jane really felt that these were the children of the couple who had produced the babies (well, ducklings if we are to give them their correct name) last year. There were 2 female and 3 males. I went away puzzled I can tell you! When I got back yesterday afternoon there were 3 ducks – 2 male and a female – I immediately jumped to conclusions – Evelyn is a fluesy!(not sure how to spell this). BUT, today I have looked closely at the drakes (yes getting technical now!) and I believe one of them is a juvenille – a son of Evelyn and Walter. So, all is ok thanks goodness.
I arrived in San Fran or SF as I shall call it from now on for ease on fingers, at 11am on Monday 21st and waited for my bag – had to pay $25 each way to put my bag in hold – now realise what an idiot I was as could have taken it as cabin luggage. Any way I digress. I went to ask for the cheapest way to get to my hotel – well bed and breakfast and Peace Center (I find the americans can’t spell) – and was told the ‘shared ride van’ was the best way at a flat $17. When he had enough people the driver set off and dropped us off as he went around SF. I checked into the Red Victorian on Haight St and promptly ordered a ‘California Dreamin’ sandwich (turkey, lettuce, quacamole, jalapeno and piccalli – scrummy!). The Beatles were singing ‘All you need is love’ and I was in heaven. I found I knew the words to all the songs they played including Coldplay’s ‘Yellow’. Wonderful place for music! Next stop was the Aquarium toilet (or bathroom as they call it here) – complete with fish tank as systen – when I pulled the flush I was shocked to see the water go down – what happens to the fish? ! ! – phew! The tank is inside the systen! Ingenius! I then went to my room – ‘The summer of love’ room. Oh boy was this going to be an interesting stay!




Leave a Reply