BootsnAll Travel Network



‘Tis the Season

To return to blogging to go Christmas shopping.

What better location than a traditional Christmas market, situated on the medieval streets of Bath?

Bath Cathedral Christmas Market

During a break in the current monsoon, John invited me to tag along to one of his management meetings, held in a nearby hotel. As we drove through the hills towards the town, Bath—with its many crescents coating the slopes like layers in a cake—presented an amazing sight as the sun poked briefly through the clouds. Alas, by the time I got to the city itself, the clouds had drawn back in.

That didn’t matter much, because a traditional Christmas market was in town. Among the many rows of quaint wooden huts, there was the ‘Raincheck Bar’ serving mulled wine and plum strudel, bratwurst and Stollen. Aside from the German influence, there also was a British organic sausage ‘n’ Burgers stall and an Austrian retro-bar serving hot Goulash soup and shots of ethnic Schnaps.

It left precious little time for shopping.

Christmas Street Scene

Shopping was my excuse for being here in the first place. I mean, how can I get any writing done when I have Christmas shopping to do? There are only 20 days left, you know…

Alas, the display made me wish I had children to buy presents for. The toys, baubles, hand-made garments, picture books etc. were cute to-die-for—but not quite right for my hirsute husband or biker-chick big sis and her squeeze.

I left Bath behind with a warm glow and logged on to Ebay to buy the presents.

Bath Carousel and Roman Baths

Tags: , , , ,



One Response to “‘Tis the Season”

  1. Dacey Says:

    Is there a way to locate someone locally to try this?

  2. Posted from United States United States