BootsnAll Travel Network



Paypal protects sellers from buyers

More hassles. It seems that everybody is conspiring against me finishing my NaNovel—as if it would matter to the Gods…

It does, however, matter to me. Life is throwing its bickering, little irritations at me. Last week, I spent what seemed like days ferrying the laptop to a local computer shop to have it evaluated, chase up those guys, collecting it back (repairing the damn bike in the interim), faxing the evaluation to PayPal (essentially it said ‘beyond repair’ which at least vindicated me, even if I had to shell out 15 quid for it) and chasing up a response which came, oddly enough, on Sunday. Meanwhile, Paypal had spent the entire time nagging me that their deadline would run out on Monday.

Now I’ve received another message: I am required to return the thing to the seller, paying for postage and packaging myself. I have to do it now; and even though I have invested so much time in this that by now I could have bought a new laptop from the money I could have earned, I have to log on regularly and provide tracking information and stand by for further action. And even then I may not get a refund for the original £194+ I paid for the thing, but only for the Paypal maximum protection of 100-odd quid, which has been mostly usurped by the fees and postage I had to pay in order to qualify for the refund in the first place.

The seller isn’t liable to refund any of this. He’s probably also free to re-advertise the laptop on Ebay and rip off the next sucker. Nice little earner.

Never, EVER, buy anything of value on Ebay! Never!

Tags: ,



Comments are closed.