BootsnAll Travel Network



Sept. 6 – UT

Day 36 – We went down to the Red Cross meeting for volunteers this morning and learned how the whole system worked and what Red Cross is doing for the hurricane relief project. Unfortunately, we couldn’t be much help due to two things – one, they have so many volunteers already that they don’t need help until mid-september and two we don’t have a local chapter since we are on the move. We were hoping that we’d be very usefully since we didn’t have to be anywhere at anytime could move anywhere, but it is not that simple. So, we will see how we can help out when we reach Seattle.

We also, stopped by my Uncle’s office for his business Bottman Design – www.bottman.com – and saw how it all works. Check out their website, they have very artistic and funny cards, magnet pads for the fridge, calendars, invitations, and pottery items. I love their work!!

We did our last bit of Black Rock City clean up by unpacking everything in our car and cleaning out the last spots of dust. Than, put everything back in – some how feeling more organized and clean afterwards. Even though I know we will keep finding more dust. The playa dust has a certain smell to it, almost like the natural shelled peanuts you buy in a bag that still have the dirt on them – you burners know what I am talking about. And it is still in our vents when we turn the air on – a nice reminder of the past week .



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.