BootsnAll Travel Network



writing class…

Yes, to get me back into writing, which I haven’t done because I let myself be distracted by a lover.  How that happens sometimes…I get distracted because I’m so in the moment whether I’m with a lover or not, when things are soaring, I don’t bother writing it down…and plus the reason I haven’t been writing on my blog for the past few months, is because I didn’t want to publicize my struggles, my ups and downs, it took too much energy to write them down after I had processed everything.  I didn’t know why I wanted to be so narcissistic that anyone would care to read anything I had to say about my own issues, and why would I want to bare it all on a blog, when I could just keep a journal of my joys and the places where I temporarily forgot where joy was.

Here’s an excerpt from my home work assignment….

I remember smelling him as I walked by a perfume counter in Macy’s a long time ago.  The scent was overwhelming, it stopped me dead in my tracks and transported me back to that summer in Italy, in Florida, in Mexico….I had forgotten him, completely, it had been three years.  I stopped, looking for the bottle to see which scent it was, and now the name of the cologne escapes me.  But it doesn’t matter, because it immediately brought me back to how I felt about him, who he was and who I was only three short years ago.

 

It was intoxicating, I couldn’t inhale enough, I don’t know why it smelled so good, but each whiff I took in, it flooded my body with sensations that I had only with him.  All the good, the not so good, everything it all felt and smelled so good, our affair seemed so tangible.  He didn’t even wear that cologne, he wore a commercialized body spray that was based on that scent.  

——-

The memoir writing class will help me re-focus my goals and hopefully give me tools to help me continue no matter the distractions and take it more seriously, the writing and not the distraction.



Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *