BootsnAll Travel Network



Our Wedding

Well, I’m now married! Wendy and I enjoyed a wonderful (albeit wacky) ceremony on Thursday, May 31, in beautiful Roma, with 30 guests attending from eight different countries.

WeddingWe were very lucky to have a glorious sunny day, considering it rained for most of the week leading up to the wedding and again the next day. A few things went wrong – a taxi strike on the wedding day, demonstrations that closed off parts of the city and caused one of our guests to miss the ceremony, and an angry Italian bureaucrat at the ceremony forever to be known as ‘Dragon Lady’ who nearly derailed the whole thing – but in the end it was an almost perfect wedding, and as Italian as could be. We couldn’t have been happier with the day and with all the people who came to share it with us.

After the ceremony Wendy and I went around town in a horse and carriage with our photographer friend Jill to take pictures in front of some of the great monuments of the city like the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Campidoglio and the Pantheon. Then we had a really nice reception at one of our favourite restaurants in Trastevere.

Most of the ‘official’ wedding photos are in film and we haven’t developed them yet but a couple of digital shots are online here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jungle_boy
Also, there are a couple of video clips of the ceremony here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mrCpLiGehk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26-40UdOQsg



Tags: , , , ,

One response to “Our Wedding”

  1. Jennifer says:

    Thank you for this post I really like it and will come again.