BootsnAll Travel Network



Tata India

Agra
Laura writes
PICT3360

The mote running around the edge of reception at our guesthouse in Agra was not exactly fresh spring water trickling down from the mountains. Instead, a decaying stench of travellers stools, floating like ships at sea, slowly around and into a rather blocked up looking pipe. Nice!

Our room was OK. TV. Bathroom. Four walls. But the balcony was a little disappointing, cluttered up with wood, and the roof top restaurant a little slack. Food was either massively disappointing, or by the time it had arrived we had forgotten that we’d even ordered anything.

We found an awesome auto-rickshaw driver, who -between him and his friend- escorted us to The Taj Mahal, The Baby Taj Mahal and The Agra Fort. And of course, included in our day out were two visits to see ‘demonstrations’ of marble and carpet manufacturing. Fortunately the three hundred and fifty pound carpet and four thousand pound marble table was way out of our league, and we didn’t hold back on letting them know. Points for effort though!

PICT3437PICT3444
Stand back; carpet making in progress

PICT3448
They even let me have a whirl!

Agra, for me, wasn’t the most impressive place in India I’ve seen, but the Taj Mahal exceeded my every expectation!

PICT3168
Rupert trying to be artistic

PICT3193
The classic Taj photo

PICT3457
At night; one of the gates to the courtyard before you enter the main area where the Taj Mahal stands timeless. The place had massive grounds.

PICT3031PICT3039
The gateway to the Taj Mahal

PICT3187PICT3191
Just to prove we were there!

PICT3033PICT3177
LEFT: Me being artistic this time. RIGHT: It wasn’t happy with Rupert that close, although nor was he I don’t think.

PICT3089PICT3117

PICT3098PICT3099

PICT3105PICT3107

PICT3130PICT3146
We figure, if they want a photo of us we’ll boody well have one of them. Then it was fun, now we have little patients for the “photo please” demands

PICT3127PICT3138

PICT3133PICT3162

PICT3219PICT3215

The following photos are from the ‘Baby Taj’:
PICT3398
PICT3412PICT3413

PICT3451
The view from the rooftop restaurant of our guesthouse

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7



Tags: , , , , , , , ,

-84 responses to “Tata India”

  1. admin says:

    Submit comment? Oh Laura , eat lots of good clean things as soon as you can, the jewel so cruel, love you both , mumki

  2. Laura says:

    And that was only the first time! 😉

    Two weeks after that I was poisoned with a re-frozen ice-cream and then two weeks after that a gone off milk-shake. Lucky me!

    Unfortunately Rupert didn’t escape too light either, some dodgy custard came and attacked him a few days ago. I’m looking after him though don’t worry – after all, I think its about my turn!

    Hope all is well in France and wishing you all a Happy New Year.

    All my love,
    Laura x

    *And Rupert in the background give a little wave*

  3. Vanessa says:

    OK… so you are really making me very envious now! What with the January blues and dark cold evenings – ummm really must get my travelling shoes on again!

    Sounds so fab – really want to go to India now big time!

    NY@NEC was good however very big and the sets not as good as hoped for. So we are all having a well earnt rest from partying at the mo.

    Hugs always

    Vanessa and Gary

  4. admin says:

    You know, I’ve just noticed we don’t have a picture of Laura actually riding the camel. She did, honest (we do have photos, but apparently not good enough to share with everyone – so maybe one day when Laura’s not looking).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *