BootsnAll Travel Network



Chiang Mai – a rather late entry!

PICT2362

I guess I’ve just been enjoying myself far to much to have even contemplated writing an update on this one. Boo-hiss!

We were very much looking forward to arriving in Chiang Mai not only to see the back-packers mecca of the north but to meet up with our friend Jenna from sunny, rather snowy Bristol!

When we arrived in Chiang Mai I was a little “noodled-out” so we decided to track down, as advertised “A Traditional English Pub” that was serving up a Sunday carvery roast. And boy was it a roast or was it a roast. We stuffed our faces until we could hardly stand (we are travellers after all) and raised our glasses to the fine accomplishment of us being able to meet half way across the world, and still eat an English lunch.

Jenna had been in Chiang Mai for several days (or was it weeks?) ahead of us, so we were able to sit back, relax and allow our friendly guide to show us round town, taking us to night bazaar’s, bars and sights. The jeep ride was a little off the beaten track, and lets just say that wasn’t pre-mapped out. Needless to say we got lost, got lost some more and then ended up in a garage having petrol siphoned out of the car…. Don’t ask!

PICT2286PICT2284

On my third morning in Chiang Mai I was woken to a knock at the door and breakfast in bed. It was my 21st Birthday. I was then taken for a morning shopping spree around the local market which was followed by an amazing evening with fine food and fantastic entertainment at an
incredible restaurant.

Here are some of my favourite pictures….

PICT2417PICT2375

PICT2414PICT2413

I would also like to thank Jenna for such a beautiful birthday gift. A gorgeous necklace! 🙂 Thank you!

But Where Are We Now?
Having spent five relaxing days in Jaisalmer we are about to do an exhaustingly long bus and train combo-journey to Mumbai (Bombay), where we will meet Ruperts dad and little sis. Big apologies to those waiting on photos and write-ups of our adventures in India. We’ll get on the case as soon as we can, but how soon that is we’re unsure. Time is something we have very little of at the moment.

Love to you all x



Tags:

6 responses to “Chiang Mai – a rather late entry!”

  1. yeti says:

    Many happy returns mate, I had no idea it was your birthday. I will drink a nice bottle of Spanish red in yuor honour!

  2. jenna says:

    hey guys, its nice to see the chang mai photos that was an amazing night. random question can you log in to bootsnall mine is playing up. just wandered. take care love jenna xxx

  3. Vanessa says:

    A BIG HAPPY CRIMBO TO YOU BOTH – EAT, DRINK AND BE MERRY WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE! My thoughts are with you, hope you don’t long for Bristol too much during the festive period. Enjoy being away and remember all the dilemas of trying to keep all those relative and friends happy, frantic last minute Xmas shopping and endless amounts for food and booze (except you will probably still manage that) over the Xmas period if you were at home!

    Things that you are probably missing by now = yummy cheese (the sort you only have at Xmas), crusty white bread, a proper cuppa and ordinary milk, your own bed and the smell of freshly washed clothes/bedsheets etc… AND Of course your family and friends!

    Things that you may well be sick of already = rice, noodles, scummy toilets and showers, the same old clothes and living out of a backpack!

    Christmassy hugs

    V

  4. The Anderson Family! says:

    Hey you 2,
    it is christmas morn! Feeling slightly worse for wear but there is much joy to be had and food to be eaten so Ill work through it….(with the help of a glass of water!)…we all just wanted to say have a lovely xmas.
    ooh gotta go, grandad just arrived! festive fun….hohoho…
    lots of love xxxxxxxx

  5. Laura Harris says:

    To: The Anderson Family

    Thank-you all for the Christmas Wishes. We hope you all had a lovely christmas and ate lots of turkey and festive pudding on our behalf! We were certainly thinking of you all as we tucked into our Chicken Tikka Massala 😉

    We hope you have a fantastic New Year, and will be thinking of you all as we celebrate the new year in from five and a half hours ahead this evening!

    Love to you all.
    Laura and Rupert x

  6. Laura Harris says:

    Hi Yeti!

    Sorry for the delayed response, I know, a big boo-hiss to me! 🙁

    Thank you for the belated birthday wishes, and I the Spanish Red did you proud!

    Happy Pre-New Year to you all this evening. Keep that glass filled 😉

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *