BootsnAll Travel Network



the start of a new life?

Just a note – I just downloaded the “meeting the family” blog. It’s been grand with my new family and they are so accomadating. It’s been lovely. But the travel and stress is still playing out on my body. I have cold sores all around my mouth and my teeth hurt and I am so not in the moment- that I was filling up my all important hot water bottle (my new lover) and poured boiling hot water all over my left hand and have horrable blisters!

I did hook up with the south Africian woman that I hope I mentioned before – she is so amazing and has had second thoughts (kick in the pants from my guides no doubt) and has asked me to come stay at her home for a few nights. I will be really nice to get out of the hostel for a few nights. She does have 19 dogs now and 13 cats – so I’m sure that I will be getting lots of attention (sniffing) when I’m with her.

My new family are very attentive and I had a surprise visit from my hunky cousin Anthony today and he took me to lunch- we are going to be great friends. We have a lot in common and he has offered to help me with the weight loss thing. He’s big on hill climbing and we are going to plan our first outing. He is also going to help me figure out the little things needed to put photos on my blog! Then you can see all the new family and some of the other things that I see.

No job yet, finalized my resume and I will be off to copy it and start dropping it to shops. PRAY for me. I am going to a book reading club this PM. Figured it was a good place to meet other Westport people and make more connections. Family is looking for work for me too and giving me some heads up as to where to look.

OK – as ususal this note has turned into letter.

Take care all my friends and family and if anyone is interested in helping me on my journey- contact my sister Traci – all help would be greatly appreciated! Also I will be down loading photos to my sister within the week. (have to get my cousin Anthony’s network – down loading photos is quite expensive at the internet place.) But I will have some out and Traci will be making them – so you can always buy some of the cards – that helps too.

Thanks again to all that have already sent me some assistance. You are in my prayers.

Love Kym



Tags: , ,

One response to “the start of a new life?”

  1. Rob says:

    Hey Kym—
    Sounds like you’re making progress–that’s awesome! Raeley asks about you every once in a while and we all miss you very much! We signed her up for kindergarden last week, and the rest of us are doing fine. Love and prayers—-Rob

  2. admin says:

    Dear Kym,
    Glad you got to meet that wonderful woman! How is it working out?
    Happy Valentine’s Day!
    You are in our prayers!
    Sending you tons of love
    Linda

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *