BootsnAll Travel Network



Have to Leave the country….

4-10-06

Well, it’s April 10th, 2006 and I have only 7 days before my Visa expires. I have to leave the country. Luckily I was able to get a job at the newsagents for a short time to get the money together to get tickets out to England only to come back in the next day to get a new visa for 3 more months.

Even though at this point I have no idea how I will be able to stay for the next 3 months without a job or a place to stay. But first things first – I have to get the 3 month visa and I’ll work on the rest after that! Priorities!

I have tired everything in my power to find a way to stay. I searched the Internet for my options. I have met with the political weight in this part of the country- Michael Ring to see if there was anything that he could do for me. He is one of the men that have been working with America to get the illegal Irish immigrants to be able to stay in America and he was very surprised to find that an American wanted to stay here. I told him there were two sides to the coin and I need his help. I got a letter from him a few days later giving me my options – which were none, more then I already was aware of. I can’t get citizenship because of the one generation that separates me from my Great Grandmother. My mother can’t apply for citizenship here to open the gate for me – only the children born AFTER she is awarded her Irish citizenship could apply. And since I’ve been around for 47 years – that leaves me twisting in the wind. The only way to stay is to get married. PERIOD. And trust me – the available men here is 10-17 or 70-90!

I even went so far as to ask Anthony to marry me! HE DIDN’T BUY IT.

And I love to “take the mic on Geralyn and even suggested that I take Dermot from her! BUT AGAIN – Dermot is a McBride (his mother is a McBride) and chances – we also have blood between us! What’s wrong with the country?? Am I related to everyone one way or another????

So now I look at ALL men as a potential Green Card! Isn’t that SAD!!! (this is just a joke people! I would hate to have this throwen in my face if I SHOULD be lucky enough to FIND a real man that i love and WANT to marry!)

So today I am in bed, sick with a cold and sore throat and achy body and I have to get on an airplane – Ryan Air – did you hear about them a few weeks ago? The pilot of Ryan Air landed the big jet in a military base by accident –he was 6 miles off course! Yes, that’s me – I’m just a risk taker – going out on Ryan Air – I THINK and Hope I’ll land in England…!

I’m taking the train from Westport to Dublin (3 ½ hours) then one-hour ride to the airport on the bus then I have 5 ½ hours to kill till my flight leaves. I arrived in Liverpool at 6:30PM (1 hr and 15 min) and either meet my cousin (Aunt Margaret) and her daughter or I take a cab to Margaret’s home. I visit, do a quick interview (for the family history) and take a few photos and get a few hours sleep and at 5AM get a cab to the airport to fly out at 6AM and arrive at 7:15 or so. Only to sit around till 12:40Pm to get the train back to Westport and arrive 3 ½ hours later. Get a taxi to the house and hopefully fall into the bed for a long sleep.

I’m tired just thinking about it! If I was smart, I should of stayed a few days, but I don’t know Margaret and I’m told her has a very small flat and I didn’t want to INCONVIENCE yet another Family member and sponge off her. PLUS I thought I had a JOB to get back to! See what I meant by expectations—–I expected I would have a job to come back to?!?!?

Not only did I make these mad plans on a quick travel – but also now I went and got the stupid flu from Anthony and I will be traveling sick! I’m just so HAPPY!

I am nervous going out of the country. I hope I don’t have any problem getting back into the country. It’s a big worry for me…am I ready to go home?

Cheers-
Kym



Tags: ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *