BootsnAll Travel Network



The Rockier Road to Paris

Ok,so as of the last entry, I was at the pink palace. The hostel was fun, met a lot of great people, keeping in touch with a bunch hopefuly, and we even trained it up to paris with a couple of the girls we met, dianne and kate. This is just the beginning of the story. So we all get to the town to buy our ferry tickets, but they’re on a siesta, so we have a couple of hours to kill. We find a wallet with about 500 euros in it, and we decide to take it to the police station. Me and Dianne stay next to the store that is about to open while eddy and kate take the wallet. While dianne and I are waiting, and old man comes up and tries to take my backpack, not run off with it, but casually bends down and picks it up. I take it back and tell him that I think this ones mine, he asks to see my ownership papers for it. I tell him I have the papers and he shouldnt worry about it. He asks Dianne if I’m a good guy, she confirms that indeed I am, and he shakes my hand. After about three pumps of the hand, he slaps me in the face. I was in shock. He reaches for Diannes hand, kisses it and wanders off. Crazy greek man. Anyways, we get to the ferry place and the ferry we were trying to get on stopped running the day before, so we had to catch a one hour ferry to the mainland where we would then catch another ferry. We got on our ferry, got to the next port where our ferry was about half an hour late to pick us up. So we all piled on and broke out the party favours we had purchased in the duty free shop and played kings. Dianne and I stayed up talking in the cafeteria area till fairly late, and we had to get up very early. We awoke, actually got to our port of call, and hopped on a train from Bari, Italy to get to Milan, in hopes of switching to a sleeper train to paris. Well it took about 5 hours but we got to Ancona, and the train was stopped for a very long time. We asked around and everyone agreed it would be another hour before the train left. None of us had eaten so Dianne and I left to go get pizza and beer for the four of us. We were gone a total of 9 minutes, and when we returned, the train was gone. Our bags, all our stuff, my eurail passes, was missing. All I had was my money, my passport and my pizza and beer. So we tried to figure out what to do, but the information place wasnt all that helpful, and the ticket counter was even less help, so we ate our pizza before it got too cold. We regrouped and figured out a plan that would get us on a train to Milan with about 10 minutes to spare before our connection. It worked out, we got to Milan (we didnt have seats until the last hour, we had to sit on the stairs in between cars) but we made it to the station. We searched frantically for Eddy and Kate but could not find them. 45 minutes later, after we had left the station to go look for a room for the night, and requested the police to page them in the station, we returned for one last look, and there were Kate and Eddy. The original train had just arrived, very very late. So we got a room, well Dianne and I did, we booked a double and talked the guy down from 170 to 80. Then we tried to sneak in Kate and Eddy,but we got busted, so he made an exception that we could all stay as long as we were out by 5. I woke up at 5 in the morning to see the man working there standing over my bed telling me it was time for us to go so he wouldnt get in trouble. We made it onto our train, and it was very very long, but eventually we arrived in Paris. We managed to get to my Dad, after of course, I had to pee in the metro station (and I do mean in the station, there was no bathroom around so i peed in a garbage can when nobody was looking). Anyways, we went out, had some really great steak, had a beer and returned home. Tommorrow we’re off to the louvre, to do laundry, possibly notre dame, and then a river cruise with eddy, my dad, kate, dianne and me before the four of us children (well me and eddy are children, kate and dianne are 21 and 25) are off to go party in the moulin rouge area. Should be a good update next time.

Note: Nobody has won the last postcard question, there have not been three correct answers from anyone. So lindsay, you’re still in the running.



Tags:

5 responses to “The Rockier Road to Paris”

  1. Kat (Rino) says:

    Wow, what an adventure. So I take it that you got your stuff back. I hope that you did. I loved your last entry but have been busy, so I didn’t respond. I loved the part about the authentic greek music, sounded like a scene from a movie. So did this post. I hope that you have a fun time in Paris. Maybe some romance will happen. hahaha. I find it interesting all different places you pee in Europe. I see that you are marking many territories. Anyways, I gotta get back to my homework. safe and happy travels!
    Love, Rino

  2. kellyyy says:

    heyy man. sounds like quite the adventure..but glad u got there safely. but im just about to go have dinner for jamies birthday..she just got home from out east. bye man.. love kelly

  3. Ryan says:

    mikey dudee!! man this is the first time ive checked ur website, it sounds like ur havin a killer time! france is freakin amazing, definetly check out normandy if u can. ne way ill definetly keep in touch cya dude!

  4. Monique says:

    hey dude well thats sweet that u met up with ur dad.. he can watch out for u and eddy for alittle bit lol.. i hope ur enjoying ur time with eddy while u can cuz he will be coming home to us soon enough:) then u will be on ur lonesome.. but dont worry i’ll still leave ya msg’s every once in a while… and like i said to eddy i hope ur making the most of ur time there and making tunz of good memories … im off tho ttl
    from mo
    ps. swing life away (listening to our song right now)

  5. Lindzzzzz (AKA trevor) says:

    ohh man thats awesome…the peeing in the garbage can really stuck out at me..of course..cuz i like that kinda thing man i cant even believe how much fun you’re having im so jealous and ps so is mom lol shes like ughhhhhh everytime i tell her where you are. anywhoo MOULIN ROUGE u lucky bastard…damn okay let me think here.. the answers to the trivia areee: 1) yes today i believe mike IS wearing underwear..odd for him but i just have a feeling 2) i believe you tossed a pair out becuz they were taking up too much room..mikes too big if ya catch my drift anddd 3) an irish car bomb is 1/2 oz of bailey’s, 1/2 pint of guiness, 1.2 oz. irish wiskey…alright i even put how much of each thing is in the damn drink now can i pleaaaaaaaase just get a damn post card lol! i really tried this time! bye bye mon amiii..its french..yanno cuz ur in paris..

    x0x Lindz

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *