BootsnAll Travel Network



Lessons Learned part III

The third installment in the trilogy of tidbits of info picked up along the road.

1. Hitler, evidently, was a speed freak.
2. Do not trust the Greek waiter when he says he knows something good and cheap for four young people: he is lying.
3. No public transport system should be navigated before 9 in the morning, no matter what the language.
4. You can be in front of the greatest temple ever built, and be more impressed with the baby taking its first steps beside you.
5.Chocolate Crossaints taste good everywhere.
6. Drunken political activists should be handled with kids glove and a slightly patronizing tone…in every country.
7. Drunken hobos who want to push you off the side of the cliff are bad…in greece at least.
8. The price of a hotel room is negotiable, especially if the person is made aware you are willing to sleep in the street.
9. If you need help, just ask someone, its the quickest and easiest way to get information, and it will often lead to more.
10. Stepping out of a hotel/hostel by yourself in the morning into a strange city is a very different feeling.



Tags:

2 responses to “Lessons Learned part III”

  1. breakaway says:

    heyy mikey d!! man i cant believe your comin home in a week…. its been crazy without you around here…and we all miss you. but ive enjoyed reading these blog thingeys..its been swell!! anyways, cant wait to see you next thursday. miss you like crazy!
    love breakaway
    ps. dq/tacobell/mcdonalds/kfc is calling ur name!

  2. Monique says:

    wow that hobo sounds nuts im glad everyone made it out alive :S by the way ur so insightful with ur lessons learned blogs my favourite is #4 while u have been busy making memories to last a lifetime i’ve been busy with school work b-ball and my newly acquired sport football:D anyways cant wait to see ya be careful around those hobos ttyl
    -mo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *