BootsnAll Travel Network



Pomplemousse

Hello children. Bienvenue, and may I add, I am moving to Paris. Easily the most beautiful city I have ever seen, it has the eiffel tower, the louvre, the opera house, notre dame, the arc de triumph, the champs de elysees. The women here are generally beautiful and just have a way of carrying themselve and a style that I’ve never seen anywhere else, and the whole outlook on life and the way the city is structured is just so wonderful. Sitting in outdoor cafes, facing the street, watching life go by…its like a garage sit in one of the best cities in the world.

So yesterday we went to the Louvre, so Mona, she’s doing OK, and we saw a bunch of other paintings and statues as well, some really unbelievable stuff, and also some stuff that should have been left in the basement. Apres le louvre, we ventured to go see Notre Dame Cathedral, there was mass goingon when we got there and architecturally, it is incredibly beautiful, but I just have this weird thing with being in churches, especially during mass, so it was kind of iffy. From Notre Dame, we headed to the Champes Elysees, where we went around the roundabout surrounding the arc de triumph. It is crazy, as are the Parisian drivers, but it was still very enjoyable. We sat in an outdoor cafe on the street, and then headed to the eiffel tower. Eddy and I walked up as far as you can go, then took an elevator all the way to the top, it was quite the incredible view, and it was a little overcast at the time.

From the eiffel tower we headed to go see good old Napoleon Bonaparte, and the armery. Napoleons doing OK considering….. anywho, after a little walk around there, we met the girls and went on our boat cruise. There are some incredible views of the city to be seen from the Siene, and after we had seen most of them, the girls and eddy and I hopped off at the eiffel tower. The girls went up, Eddy and I lay out on the grass watching the world go by (it really is fun, to just observe for a while) and then Dianne and I busted out the carousel across the street. We had a race, I had the little pony but he had all the heart, so I won, boo yah. We wandered for an insanely long time trying to find horse meat, or steak cheval as its known, but as we were in a fairly touristy area, none of the restaurants had it. Everyone had heard of it, but nobody knew where to get it apparently. So I had to settle for a meal of wine, smoked salmon, steak with bernaise sauce, and chocolate mousse. I know, it was terrible. So from dinner we headed to the red light district, the moulin rouge. We went to an Irish pub, started drinking, and Dianne and Kate started talking about the military a little bit (Dianne just got out, Kate is stationed in the middle east right now) and the guys at the table next to us overheard, and evidently they were all US Army as well. So the booze flowed, and we decided to go out to a strip club. Travel tip: dont waste your money on strip clubs in paris, just dont do it. It was terrible, it was boring, it was overpriced, it was just a bad experience all around. But that’s only in Paris, in the interests of science, I will have to explore other cities globally. So we left, returned to the Irish bar for more guiness and a crazy drunk french man showing us slight of hand tricks with his cigarette. We passed out in the girls room because we had no idea what time it was (530 or 6ish I think) and then this morning we made our way back to the hotel.

I’m loving Paris, easily the best city I’ve ever been to, the only thing that I find rather disagreable is the price. Every time I see the menu I just want to go surfing in a hurricane, sans board. Well that is what is going on, I will end the post card trivia as nobody has gotten it right.
The Irish Car Bomb was correct, I was not wearing underpants (yesterday was the first day in about 4) and the reason I’m down a pair of boxers is because I had to use my one clean pair as a towel.

So to everyone that played, nice try, thanks for coming out, and hopefully you will all have better luck next time.



Tags:

3 responses to “Pomplemousse”

  1. Lindzzzzz (AKA trevor) says:

    DAMN i was gunna say the towel thing..im so bad at this game. man paris sounds amazing..when do you come home.. we all miss you..is it early october or late october 🙁 its still facking hot here…its starting to get on my nerves sitting all damn day in a hot school..you’ve got it good my dear gloria lol.anywho my bdays in 8 days so there better be trivia like today or tomorrow cuz if not my birthday will be saddened without a postcard..lol well i better be going bye hunni

    Lindz

  2. travelgirltiff says:

    whats up kk! i just saw one of yoru posts and decided to check out your blog. good stuff young one! good stuff! i especially enjoyed the ” i may or may not have had a no pants party” stuff. keep up the good work!-tgt

  3. Elvie says:

    Hi KK. Have seen you on the BnA boards and thought I’d check out your blog. Interested in your experiences of Paris as that is my first stop from the UK, hopefully by end October. Good to hear nice things – it had all been pretty negative up til now.

    Take it easy and I’ll try and look in from time to time

    elv

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *