BootsnAll Travel Network



Italy…for a bit

Alrighty children, here is the story. The hockey game went beautifully, I cheered for the home team and of course they were the better theam and they won. Went to the bar for a couple beers and then an early night as Tara and I had an early morning train to catch. We caught the train despite my desire to stay and watch the guy outside the station wearing the bucket on his head and we made it to Geneva, Switzerland with no problems. We had to switch trains there to get to Milan, and again no problems whatsoever, we remained in our seats, the trains were on time, it was wonderful. In Milan we had half an hour to kill for our train to La Spezia, and given all we had to eat that day was a baguette and nutella, we splurged for dinner and got a sandwich for a couple bucks. We caught our train to La Spezia and it arrived on time, there were hardly anyone on it so there was even enough room to lie down, a new experience for me on italian trains. Everything was going beautifully, we were on time, way under budget and in the morning we would be in Cinque Terra. The hotel we were going to was full, but he told us about the hotel on the next street, they were full as well. We walked around a bit, not wanting to bust the bank on a three star or anything, so we sat down on a park bench and decided that was the spot for the night.
We did not spend the night on the park bench, it was too cold. We spent the night on the dirt/gravel below the bench using the bench to block the wind. All in all I got about 20 minutes of sleep because I felt like I should be on duty and there were dogs and people about at all hours, so I watched the stop lights for hours on end, and by the morning I had the timing down for the green, yellow and red. We got up in the morning, discovered all the wonderful bites left by whatever lives on the ground in parks, and caught the first train to Cinque Terra. Things went even better from there than the day before, especially in comparison with the previous night. We found a hotel, it was an actual hotel for about the same price as a hostel and it had a full shower in the room, which was a requirement as we were both a little dirty from our day of trains and our night of park. We spent two nights in cinque terra, i showered about four times a day and the scenery was just unbelievable. The food was incredible, we met some great people and it was just an amazing two days of relaxing and budgetary success. Today i find myself in florence with plans to head up to bern, switzerland tommorrow to meet the wonderful miss lydia for the weekend, then coming back down to Rome next friday…maybe. So that is whats been happening, its laundry day tommorrow and im excited about that, and if all goes according to plan I will see the david as well. Hope everyone is doing good at home, wherever your home may be, and keep an eye out for the next update, Im sure it will be filled with wonderfulness as apparently I will be going out to a karaoke bar on friday night. Until then…



Tags:

5 responses to “Italy…for a bit”

  1. Kat (Rino) says:

    OOoo a Karaoke bar! In a foriegn country, hope you can read the teleprompter. Believe it or not, I have never been to a Karaoke bar, or even done Karaoke. It scars me. haha. I’m so happy that Cinque Terra was everything you were looking forward to it being. I’ve heard that Cinque Terra and Positano both have cheap cheap hotels. Positano is my Cinque Terra, I think you remember the night we both were looking at the pics of our favourite coasts. lol. You are just going all over the map aren’t you! Rome should be good, and David will be cool to see. Anyways, Its late and I have ballet tomorrow morning. (ugh) thanks for your motivation, sometimes I forget to dance like nobody’s watching, and need a reminder every now and then. Love you. Have some fun!
    Love Always, Obi-wan jibroni
    P.S. I start at Springridge this weekend 9am selling tickets!! Ahh!

  2. Sara says:

    hey
    Im glad to see that everythign is going well.. your one crazy kid for sleeping in a park in a foreign country.. i love reading your posts they are something i look forward too every week.. me and my roomates sit down and read them.. they think your a cool guy but are definitly crazy and funny as hell.. keep up the posts.. and I want to hear lots of detail about you and Lydia cause that will be chaos..
    keep rocking on
    ~Sara

  3. Lindzzzzz (AKA trevor) says:

    lmao finally..u slept on the ground…that makes me sooo proud i hope you know! mna i just had my grad pics today…sketchhhh…anywhoo thats about all the interesting stuff with me..so lets get back to lydia…ow ow…i hope to hear all that goes on with that. Ya u better go to rome..cuz mom and dad were very upset when they read ur letter and found out u werent going they were like go tell him he HAS TO i was like wow u are passionate about this lol! yesss karaoke i love it…sing sumthing retarded for me.. i know i can count on that!! well have funnn..cant wait for ur next bloggy darlin

    L

    ps…23 days

  4. Kat (Rino) says:

    Yes, go to Rome. All the Italians at my school agree, if you see one place it has to be Rome.
    GO TO ROME! love, jibroni

  5. Katelyn says:

    Hey darlin,

    Guess who finally got the web site rowlin’. I hate this comp (ya i definetely blame it for my dissabilities!) ya not much new here, i have not run the bank into the ground yet and i kicked Kellen’s butt in Mario Kart on the weekend so I’d say I’m on my way. I definetely read ur letter a couple of times, but it is nothing compared to your six so I’m guessing i lost that one. I completely thought u were kidding when u mentioned the whole park bench thing. Turns out it was actually underneath it which was probably way worse! Now u understand the whole bed bugs thing. Karaoke sounds amazing! You have to sing some Tribute to the people of Italy (you know they will love you for it). I’ve heard that switzerland is beautiful and I’m sure u and Lydia will have a great time! have a good one Mike, can’t wait to read the next entry.

    Katelyn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *