BootsnAll Travel Network



Thrash Metal Night in Punta Arenas

The days are long here and my body clock has got rather confused.  Essentially, I thought it was around 6pm and it was 9.15pm.  By the time me and Cath picked up Matt (Spurs fan, Mick) we were all starving.

Got to the chosen restaurant and it was packed, so had to wait for a table and ran into 3 year old Max – a buddy from the penguin trip.  Finally got to eat after 11 and we were on the second bottle of wine…  Can you imagine going home when we finally got to pay at 1245?  We´d spotted a pub which promised live music so sauntered in at a pound apiece.

They were playing a bit of punky type music and then the band came on.  Yes.  Thrash Metal in Patagonia!  They seemed to take a lot of breaks so I asked for the usual bands of the DJ (Debbie are you out there?).  Eventually got the Ramones.  As the only gringos in there we attracted a certain amount of attention and by 3am we had a lot of new (very young) buddies who thought English was cool, although playing The Beatles in our honour was going a bit far.  It was gone four when we headed home and there are some funny pictures (yes, I kept hold of my new camera).  One day I’ll be able to post them again.  Matt (hello Matt) missed his bus the next day.  I nearly missed mine and it was at 1pm.

IMG_0090.JPG 

better version at http://www.flickr.com/photos/28108075@N00/?saved=1

Some stuff since about transport and mountains (you know, the usual), but put this up as didn’t want to forget.  I don’t suppose I really could.



Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply