BootsnAll Travel Network



Tango, Tango, Opera!

Well, it’s been a few days, so quick update and hopefully pictures.

Tigre was gorgeous, but wet. Buenos Aires (again) has been just right, even if the presence of Victoria means a Tango overdose, although like a concerned father, I’m able to drop her off and pick her up at the end (and cross my fingers she hasn’t been talking to any of those sultry dancing men).


Went out for sushi last night in the posh part of the city. All very nice, but essentially it’s a smoked salmon overload from what I can gather. Very nice wine. Tonight offers up La Boheme at the Opera House if we can get tickets. That’s the next chore.

Flights booked for the mountains tomorrow, so that’ll be a massive cultural change from this European city. Back to the Andes for the last time. I’m doing a lot of ‘last time’ things now – forgive me in advance, please, if I become maudlin on this issue.

Later…

2 hours queueing for the opera tickets to be told we could have seats where you could hear but not see. Er, what about those boxes? Yes we have some of those. They’re only £100 per seat. Harrumph, better have two then. OK – and as it’s the premiere you should know gentlemen will need a tie and jacket. Great. Off to the shops for an entirely new outfit. That’ll be another £200. Vicky does revel in the fact that she’s not a cheap date. Too bloody right.

In order to save on bathroom time (ever seen Vicky getting ready for the opera?), I pop out to the barbers for a shave. Very good, other than the use of industrial alcohol as a final astringent/torture. Just time to watch yet more of my Fantasy League players be crap before getting to the gig 2 hours early. See you later…

Pictures Here…



Tags:

15 Responses to “Tango, Tango, Opera!”

  1. JohnnyBoy Mallinson Says:

    Bored at work again so i just checked our friends league to confirm my massive lead…the site is down!! Must be the strain of calculating my points tally. Say hi to Vic and give her a tango for me.

  2. admin Says:

    A local government officer bored at his job? I’ve never heard of such a thing. You can peak too early, you know, John…

  3. Posted from Argentina Argentina
  4. JK Says:

    Just on Red Issue tonight commenting (ahem) on the game at St Andrews tonight. My attention was drawn to this

    http://www.beautifulsouth.co.uk/

    Why have they featured double decker buses on the home page of their web site? Are they secret LJP bloggers?
    Must admit at getting a little misty eyed at those little beauties. Piccadilly Plaza to Old Trafford late 70’s and early 80’s. Truly great ‘bus journeys of the World. Not as good as Elland Road to Leeds City Station spring 1980 tho. Anarchy in the UK!!

    London 0 Hull 4 Buenos Aires 8?

  5. Fidel Says:

    £200. Sure you havent added a zero? Last time i went to the opera there were 3 intervals. A bottle of wine per interval and it all started to make sense…. Although i wasnt quite sure why the nun was crying. Made me sad though.

    See you soon. Intrested in seeing The Who in Leeds June time?

  6. How many more defeats Mike Says:

    Is the great Ms Winfrey that big in Argentina to warrant £200 per ticket?
    Everyone relax about the Chester worries re relegation. It’s all going to be fine, we’ve signed Jake Edwards today from Exeter reserves. He’ll put the fear of God into Wrexham on Sunday. Exeter fans nicknamed him the Shed, I bet he’s real sylph-like. I’ve told Tom we’re leaving the Racecourse early on Sunday if we’re getting hammered, football is really such a cruel mistress.

  7. Posted from United States United States
  8. rita Says:

    I hope all the flitting, flying, and flowering images show up…

    HAPPY SPRING

    RITA

  9. Posted from Canada Canada
  10. Rob MB Says:

    you may mock jake edwards, but he was a man in demand! by tamworth…..

  11. JK Says:

    Might have had more luck going for Blake Edwards. At least he would have been good for entertainment value.

  12. How many more defeats Mike Says:

    Again we have another signing to aid us in our quest…..Scott Stamps from Tamworth. The lad is obviously class, that’s why he is playing for the Conference bottom club Tamworth. I reall can not wait for Wrexham now….

  13. Posted from United States United States
  14. Gillian Says:

    And how was the opera?

  15. Posted from United States United States
  16. Sister Angela Says:

    Fidel. She was crying ’cause of the girl and the baby, everyone knows that.

  17. JohnnyBoy Mallinson Says:

    i always thought it must be something to do with football.

  18. Rob MB Says:

    he complains when we don’t post, but look what happens when his mate is there! dum de dum……. finger tapping….

  19. Aunty Mary Says:

    Oi Whats happened to the Diarist ?? Getting withdrawal symptoms in gloomy Chester. You must be having too much of a good time. It takes me a long time to get on line having the oldest system in the world!!

  20. admin Says:

    Aunty Mary – the answer is ‘Broadband’

  21. Posted from Argentina Argentina
  22. How many more defeats Mike Says:

    You leave my mum alone with your sarcasm nearly-eldest cous. The Hall’s pc keeps my dad fit in his retirement, as he shovels on the coal to keep the blighter working. Only last week he was heard to shout “When are we going to upgrade to a ZX Spectrum Mary?”

  23. Posted from United States United States
  24. admin Says:

    It wasn’t sarcasm, it was a helpful hand. The Spectrum was, of course, a fine machine. It was one such that I got robbed in Chile.

  25. Posted from Argentina Argentina

Leave a Reply