BootsnAll Travel Network



Potentially too excited…

This could all go wrong in so many ways.

However, it appears as though I have secured a suite overlooking the main square in La Paz for the day of the inauguration of the President. It’s costing me a couple of bob, but what the hell. If the people I have negotiated with today are true to their word I will have the best seat in the house. Just had to share that with you.



Tags:

9 Responses to “Potentially too excited…”

  1. MikeyMikeyMikeMike Says:

    Whisk yourselves off to imagine Paz in La Paz.
    It’s in a bar, few drinks, Pope Parry is suitably mellow. He meets a few locals and informs them that his forefathers, from North Wales, founded La Paz many centuries ago. The locals are suitably impressed and offer him many drinks of the local firewater. Things are going swimmingly, and it isn’t long before Presidential talk comes to the fore. The locals want President Paz. After turning the position down, he’s going to fight the next by-election in his own constituency, there is a man there who makes Lech Walesa look positively lovely, and his people need him.
    The locals are beside themselves but feel they must honour this, by now very pissed (sorry mum), man. The bar owner, no less, sidles up to Sean/John/Martin/Pope/President elect Paz and says “I ‘ave very good room for only few dollars extra, ees best seat in the ‘ouse, you must ‘ave it.”
    As the red curtains part and the President greets his adoring public, who will be sitting on his throne? Answers on a postcard please c/o La Paz local nick, to Martin himself.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. rob and lena Says:

    is this room on the third floor of the local book depository?

    DAILY MAIL – ‘BRITON ORCHESTRATES SOUTH AMERICAN COUP’

    THE TIMES – ‘BRITISH ASSASSIN TAKES DOWN PRESIDENT’

    THE SUN – ‘PRESIDENT KILLED IN ‘BRIT HIT’

    THE SPORT – ‘LOVELY LISA 16 TODAY! SEE PAGE 3’

  4. JohnnyBoy Says:

    Two very funny comments.

    I see where you´re coming from. Actually, security is a huge issue as the balcony I have theoretically booked is directly opposite where the president is meant to appear. The hotel owners (it´s been shut for 6 months and looks it – but the suite is as big as my flat) are very nervous about who has what room. I had to say I was an internet journalist to get it. Well, I am, sort of…

    If 5 Live want an exclusive Mike, my mobile will work for the right price. I can just imagine that their listeners would be over the moon to get live coverage from a drunk gringo of Bolivia´s new president´s inauguration…

    Right, off to live in a pit for two nights to offset the cost of the suite.

  5. Posted from Bolivia Bolivia
  6. Fidel Says:

    Have you got your Evo fashion chompa yet? A knitted declaration against invisibility. Only £4.40. If your buying presents…..

    Ask him if he wants to MC for ffrett.

    Will be in touch after we go second with two games spare. Although my prediction is 1-1. But im never correct.

  7. The Reverand Al Parry Says:

    Unfortunately, much as he is an icon at this moment, he is not a fashion icon. His humble style is necessary, but not one for copying by Ffrett. So no chompas just yet. Although his bowler hatted babes would certainly add something to the stage set. Will ask tomorrow if he fancies filling in on the ones and twos prior to the next gig. However, I don´t think we´ve space for a panpipe solo just yet. Does this mean you´ve rejoined the band?

  8. Posted from Bolivia Bolivia
  9. Sister Susan Says:

    Have just been watching your hero on BBC 24. The fashion sense is definitely amiss and from our brief glimpse he appeared to be getting inaugurated amongst some ancient ruins. Is that why you’ve got a ringside seat in an empty square?

  10. Fidel Says:

    I’d forgotten i’d left.

  11. Aunty Mary Says:

    Oooh what can I say to all this wonderful writing!! And it’s not over yet. I hope I last the pace. Martin will never settle down after this adventure and Chester on a Saturday night will seem very lame especially standing on the Town Hall steps or lying as is his wont after a few glasses of Sasparilla.

  12. Little Sister Says:

    After he’s fought and won the bi-election, will he enter the Bolivian Big Brother house and be dressed as a mime artist within a year? I think Oona’s seat will be safely returned after that…
    Talking of presents, thanks for the rather lovely scarf. The boys have really taken to the shirts (well, one of them, anyway). Photos to follow.

  13. admin Says:

    Good grief – they’ve arrived! Wasn’t sure if the shirts would fit. One out of two ain’t bad…

    Info on which inauguration I attended to follow. But it is long and probably (very) boring.

  14. Posted from Bolivia Bolivia

Leave a Reply