BootsnAll Travel Network



It’s OK – A night on the Pisco Sorts Everything Out

Yesterday the sun came out again and I shared a bottle of Pisco with some people at the Compass del Sur Hostel. The place deserves a mention because it is so relaxed and friendly. Apparently didn’t get to bed til about 3am. Good.

Sun still out today and I managed to get a flight to Punta Arenas tomorrow. A bit dear, but it’s an escape and the world looks a better place. Managed to get up the volcano (Osorno) in the picture today and it was absolutely fantastic. Cable car took us the final way up to the glacier at the top. Funny to touch ice after all this time (other than in a Pisco). The sun was shining and it was glorious. The last time the volcano erupted was in 1835 and Charles Darwin was there. A nearby volcano did erupt in 1961, so I felt it owed us a show today, but it didn’t bother. Lazy arse. An neither have there been any decent earth tremors – a swizz, as I was promised them in Chile.

So, into the cold we go. Really chuffed by the response to the last post by the way. Could be fun if the insurance cuts up rough as I expect. I have a plan and you’re all part of it. More later.

On the way down the mountain, the wind got up so I put on the headphones and switched the player to shuffle. First (perfect) track was Knowledge of Beauty by Dexy’s. Today’s song, although I think it may be a repeat. If so it could be Nazi Punks etc. by the Dead Kennedys as I saw a BMX punk wearing that t-shirt today.



Tags:

One Response to “It’s OK – A night on the Pisco Sorts Everything Out”

  1. Mike the depressed Blue Says:

    Words like “apparently”, when used in the context of what time people go to bed are always a good thing. The Oxford piss-heads dictionary describe such words as “indicating a forgetting of unfortunate events, doing what you do best and a general amnesia of all things insurance”. Well done, I think I need such terms when thinking of Chhester City at the moment who, in response to their 5-0 drubbing at Carlisle, sacked the physio.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. admin Says:

    Seems a perfectly reasonable tactic. When Carlisle were knocking in goals 3,4 and 5 was it because the pitch was littered with ‘Chhester’ players with agonising and untreated cramp?

  4. Posted from Chile Chile
  5. Aida seyoum Says:

    Martin, I’ve started reading your blog since my return and I’m enjoying it a great deal. I do hope you’ll manage to sort out your insurance soon so you could enjoy your time more freely and not couped up in internet shops writing boring letters to those bas..rds!! My thoughts are with you and I’m once again envious!!

    Lots of love,

    Aida

Leave a Reply