BootsnAll Travel Network



Everything Cool in SdC – except the weather

Very helpful at the ministry of justice. Everything went smoothly. Just thought you might like to know…

Next day – spending my life in internet cafes and phone shops. Would love to explore the city more, but insurance comes first.

On that pub John suggested – Everyone Knows The Dublin… They may do, but do they know it`s about 8 miles outside the city centre? To call it an Irish Pub would be an actionable matter under Trades`Descriptions in Britain. A bar with a vague Irish theme amongst many similar, one English, one French, one Cuban and one based on pirates! I escaped after not getting a pint of Guinness to a dive in town where a tramp insulted me to such a serious extent (I know not why), that the locals started giving me drinks out of their pitchers – such was their horror at what he had to say.

I often get insulted by tramps after robberies, you know.

Hope you`re all well.

PS – Song had to be Don`t Look Back in Anger by the scruffy Salford boys. Reason is it was on in Flannery`s the other day when the telly was unbelievably showing two games from Wembley I was at. The Charity Shield game when Ian Wright missed a penalty and Peter saved Seaman`s effort and the `94 semi against Oldham when Sparky scored in the last minute of extra-time. Remarkable.



Tags: ,

4 Responses to “Everything Cool in SdC – except the weather”

  1. JK Says:

    Sorry about that Gringo. Just got the two pubs off an ‘Irish bar’ website. Obviously the webmaster must be a Hun. Have checked out the ‘Celtic Pubs’ website and that has nothing on offer in Chile. Was hoping to unearth a nice pub, (Home of the Santiago Bernardo O’Higgins/Victor Jara Celtic Supporter Club) called the ‘Hanging General’. But never mind.
    Birthday today, so off to Glasgow tomorrow for the game and staying over night.Can’t wait. Off doon the Gallowgate before the game for a Guinness or two and a few Irish ‘Folk’ songs. Have fun. I know I will!

    PS. song of the day ‘Washington Bullets’?

  2. Sister Susan Says:

    Rob and Lena – just in case you didn’t see the earlier posting:

    I spoke to Sheila about United tickets at Christmas. There is now an issue about the pairs of tickets she gets. One of them will always have ‘pensioner’ stamped on it. So Rob it depends on whether you can get away with looking 65…

  3. rob and lena Says:

    oh bugger. it was for me and my friend cory from canada, he’s 30, so i don’t think its gonna work. hmm. i can’t think of anywhere else to get them from, everyones moved away who had them before i went to canada.

  4. JohnnyBoy Says:

    Happy Birthday John,

    Hard Luck Rob – you could always take my Dad or get Cory to dress up.

  5. Sister Angelika Says:

    I was at both those matches too, funnily enough. Turned the season, that Sparky goal did. United safely through to the next round. Scousers lucky…

Leave a Reply