BootsnAll Travel Network



Chile – an unmitigated disaster or…

…an opportunity for personal growth and increased self awareness? Er.

This from Lovely Rita (Meter Maid?) in Kelowna for Chinese New Year.

My Wish for You in 2006

May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of $200 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May any problems you’ve had forget your home address! In simple words .

May 2006 be one of the best years of your life!!!

It`s hidden on `Doing Nothing in Particular`

There have been loads of helpful messages, so thank you all.

As it happens I`ve become a lot more philosophical in the last 24 hours. I`ve landed in the lovely town of Valdivia in the Lake District and scored a hotel with a balcony river view for a couple of nights. Last night I went out and had a slap up meal like they do in the Beano and buggar the expense. The weather is astonishing for this far south (35C yesterday), the women in the exceptionally friendly Tourist Information confirming it was very unusual.

I`m no longer toying with the idea of flying back to cold Britain with it`s bird flu and the sodding insurance companies can hang themselves (there`s a faint hope that a compromise may be in the air – but don`t count your chickens – are there any chickens left?).

So the trip is starting to be back on track. The only pain is the constant reminder of wi-fi access at every cafe, station and hotel in all too sophisticated Chile. Oh, and United`s ability to lose to Blackburn when Arse, Looneypool and Chelski don`t win.

Still, perhaps Funky Days Are Here Again as Cornershop may put it – today`s track along with Won`t Get Fooled Again by The Who

This town is the gateway to Patagonia, by the way. Almost fulfilled the title of the blog…

PS – Good to see the man I least like in footy getting sacked. But they`ve replaced him with the man I dislike next on the list!



Tags:

3 Responses to “Chile – an unmitigated disaster or…”

  1. Elaine Says:

    I have just bought Mike a boat called Valdivia for Valentine’s day. Thought you would like to know that.

  2. JB Says:

    Surely that´s amazing.

  3. Posted from Chile Chile
  4. Cousin Mick Says:

    I thought Spurs should get a mention as they they managed to lose to some low life.
    Just as well my adopted Lattics are doing ok, watch yourselve’s in Cardiff. Anyone you do like.

  5. Gillian Says:

    No chickens left, they all had the flu and were summarily strangled. From the point of view of this nurse that may be something we need to look into should a pandemic occur among humans….. can think of quite a few suitable candidates….

  6. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply