BootsnAll Travel Network



Cheered Me Up On A Bleak Day

Guest Blog

From the manager of a certain parish centre who should probably know better…

“….here in Chester. The granny stabbers are lying low and United fans all over the city are grinning from ear to ear.

“Sunday dawned and we were all fearing the worst from a resurgent bindipping vermin. (harsh but fair?)

“But beating the binsdippers yesterday took the biscuit. Not much to choose between either side. Looneypool have no forward line, we have no midfield. Very evenly fought but Rio had two major contributions. Cleared one off the line and popped up in the 90th minute to head home from Giggsy’s free kick. You have probably read of Gary Neville’s reaction as I believe the inmates of Self Pity City (Murkydive) have tabled a UN resolution condemning his actions. (No mention of Fowler’s behaviour at the City of Stockport stadium last Saturday tho’!) The gobshites endeared themselves to one and all by trotting out songs about Bestie and Munich (when will they ever learn?). Unfortunately though, someone had the idea of letting the soap dodgers out at the same time as us. The lads took full opportunity to commiserate with those lovely cuddly mop tops in their defeat and the sound of slapping was heard all over OT’s forecourt. As you can guess though, they weren’t being slapped on the back. Shredded shell suits littered Sir Matt Busby Way on Sunday evening. Not that we condone this sort of behaviour………..ho ho!”

Also stuff about Celtic´s and Munster´s voctories the same weekend, but edited for reasons of upsetting Scousers only at this stage.

Cheers John,

Other guest blogs invited at this dull time – just off to test the limits of Chilean bureaucracy.

By the way – I´m now fairly clear that the thief was a member of the Pinochet clan. Most family members are now under investgation for ´tax evasion´- aah, the old Al Capone trap. That and syphilis.



Tags:

3 Responses to “Cheered Me Up On A Bleak Day”

  1. Elaine Says:

    Oh Martin, what a rotten thing to happen. Hope it doesn’t spoil your trip for too long. Despite limited contact I have been avidly keeping up to date with your goings-on and all the comments from friends & family. The comments indicated before your entry that there was a problem (I read the entries backwards so that they are in sequence). On a lighter note, Len has been asking after you and your progress. Aida is not back to work yet as she returned from the Gambia unwell and needing time to adjust to western civilisation again. Don’t know what that means for you after you even longer absence. LOL Elaine

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Nice one Elaine – please forward get Len to email or leave a comment – was thinking about him just the other day. Hopefully he has the blog details. have emailed Aida and await her response. Her goings on could even be a guest blog…

    Plus is anyone else from work reading – be nice to hear. I think I do still have a job there.

  3. Posted from Chile Chile
  4. MikeyMikeyMikeMike Says:

    Mind Your Language was pure, unadulterated comedy magic, with no laughs. Was there a Chilean robber in it? If not, then Martin should write a new series, base it in an airport and bring those lovable characters back to life. I can only remember Suzanne Danielle, I was 12. (She married Sam Torrance you know). He looks Chilean, did he rob your computer?

  5. Posted from United States United States
  6. Derm Says:

    Mike I think you must be confusing your adolescent fantasies. Suzanne Danielle was never in MYL. Although there was a character called Danielle played by Francoise garlic or something. More worryingly it could be Miss Courtney you were thinking of.

Leave a Reply